Vehicons and Autotroopers

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by RedAlert Rescue, Aug 31, 2012.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I was thinking that one possible explanation of the whole Vehicon and (hinted at) Autotrooper idea in the Prime Universe is that when the city states were being taken in wars the civilians who were not built for combat joined up in the army of whichever side won their place. they'd be obliged to take a General Issue body template to make them closer to being combat ready - a bit like a GI being issued with battle fatigues, gear and weapons.

If they just took Librarians or Clerks and gave them a gun it would be a bit like giving a Nerd and M4 and a tin hat and telling him to get on with it.

If you think of these civilians who have totally unsuitable bodies for war being reformatted into this default combat chassis - that might offer a fair explanation for the extensive use of generic chassis.

I do hope one day Prime shows Autotroopers as I'd really like to see how they deal with the idea of heroic cannon fodder in a cartoon. and Megatron was only recently moaning about how poor they are at killing Autobots (Though Dreadwing did ace Seaspray he had enough sense to keep his trap shut)

2. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    An interesting theory

3. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Not in the Prime universe. Cybertronians are too much like humans in this series. Maybe something like that could've been done as an experiments by Shockwave but not something done on mass.

4. Darkscream

Darkscream Well-Known Member

Would all the Autotroopers be wearing red shirts?

5. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Are you talking about Steve's new buddy,Adam?

6. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is more or less the idea I've been running with since the series started. Never liked the idea of them being mindless drones, plus there's several instances where they're shown to act like individuals.

As for Autobot troopers, I wouldn't mind seeing some of them as well.

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I don't know I was thinking maybe it's more like Transformers Animated where there were only so many body styles so some robots would share the same body style. Perhaps Vehicons are just a very common body style because they did the common tasks while someone like Megatron has a less common body style because he was of the gladiatorial class of robots.

Think of it like bees. We can't tell one worker bee from another worker bee because we aren't bees. But we could tell the one queen bee from the worker bees because she looks so different.

8. AxionPrime

AxionPrime Well-Known Member

This is kinda funny when you remember that Optimus used to be a librarian.