Vehicon Theory (Spoilers).

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by soundwaverulls, Apr 25, 2012.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

WARNING. Contains SPOILERS for Armada and the synopsis for Triage.

So in another thread, I read a theory that the Vehicons are clones. Also, it was theorized that the clones are all weaker than the original, explaining why they die so easily.

Now onto my part. IIRC, Starscream had a psychic link to his clones. This reminded me of Doctor Who episodes The Sontaran Stratagem and The Poison Sky in which a clone was made but it needed to have access to the originals mind to live. What if this was the case with the TFP clones.

If so and the Vehicons really are clones, it could give them limited brain power due to them all using the same mind and even then, the original would probably have to be hooked up to a computer.

Then I thought, what if this was someone already in the show and the original underwent highly risky and illegal surgery to alter or replace his body to optimize use of his brain and signal output but kept his original head. Probably due to the person who preformed this operation not being able to transfer the consciousness from one head to another.

If anyone new who the original was, he could be targeted because his termination would cause the deactivation of the clones so he'd have to hide his face. And even then, he wouldn't be able to go on any missions but stealthy ones. Also, such a strong communications link would allow him to be an excellent communications officer.

So who hides his face, never goes on anything but stealth mission, has an optimal use of his brain and is possibly a communications officer? Could it be that an old body of Soundwave was used as the template for mass cloning and he had a highly risky surgery to alter/replace his body with one more suitable for a mental link with an army?

The synopsis for Triage did say that Ratchet and Wheeljack get a one of a kind opportunity when they capture Soundwaves drone. Could it be that they find a way to deactivate the Vehicons? In fact, even knowing Soundwave controls them would be a huge advantage.

2. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Sounds plausible. Good thinking!

3. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    I like this theory. Ties things up quite well.

4. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
  5. Deltus

Deltus 異種

Its a good idea and therefore probably wont happen since its a good idea.

6. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Would make sense given that Megs now has a army of Insecticons to replace the vechicons with.

7. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Like the Borg, but...not.

8. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Once and Future Slicer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I was thinking after Armada that the Vehicons must be proto-forms, we just hadn't seen the original. If the original is Soundwave, it sure would explain why he doesn't go on missions and why he stays silent.

Though I must say, he must be one of the most bad @$$ guys ever, because if he feels all the pain the Vehicons suffer at the Autobot hands, how on Earth could he stay functional?

9. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

Very plausible, especially since the Isecticons are once again under megatrons command, theres really no use for the Vehicons anymore:lol 

10. Deltus

Deltus 異種

Well Vehicons that can turn into car's can go around in a city full of humans better then a Giant fucking metal Insect

11. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    Lolz

12. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

When it comes to the possibility that Soundwave was the physical template for the Vehicons, the flashbacks in "One Shall Rise, Part 3" showed Soundwave (somewhat in shadow, mind you) looking a lot like his present-day self, including his lack of a face.

Otherwise, your idea makes a lot of sense, and even before the idea of cloning in TF Prime was shown, I think there have already been at least a few fans who believe that there's been a connection between Soundwave and the Vehicons.

13. soundwaverulls

The good thing about flashbacks is that they're what the person flashing back remembers. That doesn't mean that that is what things actually looked like back then, just how that person remembers it. If they really wanted to keep this a secret, I wouldn't put it past them putting in the wrong design for Soundwave there.

I know it is all very unlikely but I think it's a really interesting idea.

14. KayeMinor

KayeMinor Banned

The writers shall never expand upon the Vehicons, because they are nothing but a tool. They're useless cannon fodder to make the Autobots appear badass and tough.

15. soundwaverulls

I think it's sadder than that. I believe they're under the impression it makes the Decepticons more threatening. I don't know weather to use an eye roll emoticon or a laughing one. Actually, I think the best choice might be :banghead: 

16. aimop95

aimop95 Aimoperative

I like the idea that soundwave doesn't speak because if it was, it'd be because he'd be screeching in pain from every dead vehicon.

Still, the clones of starscream seemed to have no qualms about killing their original. So they may not need the original to function properly.

17. soundwaverulls

Well if we go by the clones being weaker and dumber than the original, they may not have thought of that. In fact, it isn't even definite that the original Starscream would have known that.

Soundwave would probably know this but even if his clones didn't, they aren't cloned from someone as treacherous as Starscream.

Also, if they did start using the clones are inferior thing, it would make it easier to accept every Starscream clone dying in one day. Armada made me 100% certain I hate Starscream now due to him dying five times but if the original was better than them, I could possibly live with this Starscream. That is, if they develop him into a better character and are not just doing shit with him for the fun of it.

18. aimop95

aimop95 Aimoperative

19. soundwaverulls

20. aimop95

aimop95 Aimoperative

Soundwave as a mother.

That unsettles me.

LOL!