1. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Am I the only one who LOVES the vehicle modes in Prime? I personally think these are the best fictional vehicles to come out of transformers, ever. I mean, this is the first series where I don't mind episodes centered around transformers in vehicle modes (Convoy, Speed Metal) because they're just so darn amazing. Every one evokes its character's personality nicely, for example Knock Out's love of stylish cars, Megatron's disgust of Earth vehicles, or Bumblebee's vehicle mode representing the stereotypical teenager/young adult type car, which of course matches the age he's supposed to be. Also, each vehicle has really nice little touches that add to the overall appearance, like Arcee's metallic paint job, Optimus' Autobot insignia, or those red things behind Bumblebee's wheels (I know what they do, but I ALWAYS forget what they're called :eek:  ). So does anybody else want to add any thoughts? Any other nice little details about the vehicle modes, etc? I know there's an appreciation thread, but I thought this deserved it's own discussion, and I just wanted to see if anybody else was appreciating these vehicle modes as much as me.

2. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

The only problem with any of the vehicle modes is that Arcee's gonna look pretty awkward if Jack isn't riding with her. Could you imagine if someone saw her driving herself around. Kinda takes the disguise out of "robots in disguise."

3. Ribieconvoy

News Credits:
    Actually in episode one it was shown that she can project a holographic driver she calls "Sadie."

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The writers said that vehicle mode is designed before robot mode and I think it shows, every single alt mode actulay reflects the "owner"'s personality because of deco choice, shape etc.

Just look at Starscream and Skyquake. Both are fighter jets but the first is sleek and slim while the other is a flying chunky brick.

I also love how each alt mode got different textures. Optimus for example is all shiny and what not while you look at Breakdown/Bulkhead and instead they have more of a matte paint like military vehicles.

5. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope, not just you. They've got some nice alt-modes in this series. Wouldn't mind seeing more episodes where they spend a lot of it in vehicle form.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I agree, OP. The vehicles in Prime are just absolutely sublime. So much personality in each, and the attention to detail is astounding.

Also, as for the red things behind Bumblebee's rims, they're called brake calipers. :) 

7. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

Airachnid's helicopter mode stands out because it's so weak compared to everyone else. I suppose it could be intended for stealth or something, but the lack of detail makes her alt mode look really crappy compared to the others. A real Commanche doesn't have a ton of detail, but it still looks more complex than Airachnid.

8. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Actually, I'd like them to be able to pop out weapons when they're in their vehicle mode. I think Breakdown was the only one to do that. I'm not sure, my memory about the Deus Ex Machina episode is a bit faded.

9. Ribieconvoy

News Credits:
    Vehicons can, also, as seen in episode 1. Knock Out has some blasters he used during his Bumblebee chase in Speed Metal. But so far the Autobots can't since Bulkhead needed to transform to shoot back in Convoy.

I agree. I think some of it is because it's so dark colored and a lot of the details get lost, but you're right, it's sort of plain also. I would've preferred if her vehicle mode looked a bit more like HFTD Tomahawk. Now that I think about it, that's the first vehicle mode in this series I don't like.

And Sinnertwin, THANK YOU for telling me that! It's been bugging me ever since I made this topic and forgot that the calipers were called calipers. I should burn it into my brain, because I always seem to forget it.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    You obviously missed Darkness Rising and Convoy.

11. Stormrunner

Stormrunner Cry for the Cat's Eye

Breakdown did it in Deus Ex Machina - Knock out in Speed Metal and Starscream also has weapons, as did Sky Quake.

And the Vehicon planes do as well - can't remember if the cars do though.

12. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only the Decepticons it seems. I'd like the autobots to do so as well. And given that Starscream is a jet fighter, and so is Skyquake, I don't think they count.

I'm thinking more of laser weapons popping out from the hood of Bumblee's care mode etc. A cannon popping out from Optimus' vehicle mode.

Twin laster canons popping out from Arcee's motorcycle head.

I think in the DOTM toys it was called Stealth Force. I'd like the same for Transformers Prime. I'd like some high speed vehicular gun battles.

13. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Hmm, interesting. I stand corrected. Don't know why I don't remember that.

14. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

I remember watching Convoy on youtube and I paused during the second part and noticed a little music note on Optimus, I found that pretty interesting

15. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    I dig the vehicle modes as well. My favorite thing about them is that (and I've noticed that others had to have this pointed out) no vehicle classes are repeated. We have so far:
    Semi-trail cab
    SUV
    Jet Interceptor
    Jet Fighter
    Supercar
    SWAT Truck
    Muscle Car
    Street Bike
    UAV
    Ambulance
    Tuner(s)
    Cybertronian Interceptor(s)
    Cybertronian Fighter-Bomber
    And we're gonna get a Rally Car soon.

16. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    They're lovely. My favorite's have to be the Eradicons', Knockout's and Cliffjumper's. Lovely looking cars, that totally fit their characters. Same goes for everyone else, but they're the three that stand out most to me. Glad to see their toys match up, at least in Cliff's case and the troopers. I'm hoping Knockout gets the lovely paintjob he deserves, and that's the reason he looks a bit clunky - saving budget for paint. :D 

17. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    If he's just molded in red plastic I will be severely disappointed. :( 

18. Ribieconvoy

News Credits:
    He'd better have some sort of premium paint job, the person who designed him decided it would be smart to ruin his sleek vehicle mode with extruding peg holes! You'd think they wouldn't be too noticeable, but it really bugs me the more I see it. I have no idea why they could give him DOTM Roadbuster style mech tech ports. Knock Out was my single most anticipated Prime Decepticon toy. At least the robot mode is still awesome :D 

19. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whatever's the reason for Knock Out's peg hole it BETTER be a cool-ass weapon to make up for that sin.

20. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    It's a glory hole, clearly.

More seriously though, I only remember him having a prod/staff. That doesn't seem like something that needs to peg into the side of a car. :\