Vehicle mode sucks

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Tiller, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is really no reason to use the vehicle mode outside of designated area's where they are required. Anyone other than Scientist and maybe Infiltrator are just have glorified sprint that makes you more vulnerable than anything.

A large part has to deal with the level design. The first few acts as Optimus has way to much clutter to make vehicle mode practical. With sprinting and dodging it makes the time it takes to get in and out of vehicle redundant. Your weapons mostly suck, your effective aiming range is lowered, and you are no more mobile than you were on foot.

Try to transform and move around doesn't really work because enemies will always be right on your tail. Try to drive past or into enemies and they will shoot you up incredibly fast. Your weapons suck compared to the stuff on foot and the lack of specific vehicle abilities other than a button to slightly go faster really dulls the experience. The whole thing feels so much less fluid than the first game.

Outside a nicer turning animation there hasn't been any real improvements. I was hoping they would improve the vehicles as much as they did the shooting, which still has issues thanks to the way enemies can suddenly damage you.

2. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Sounds fun.
    Gah, I'm gonna have nightmares about fighting the Titan in Megatron's level.

3. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seems like vehicle mode suffers the same problems as in WFC. How about in multiplayer then? Are alt modes viable there?

4. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The only really "slow" and useless class would be Titan. When Im sprinting It feels like Im going faster than when I transform into alt mode. I guess thats just me, but hopefully they balance it out.

5. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I think that for Titans, sprint and tank speeds are equal. As I've mentioned in another thread; tanks shouls be used in MP for additional firepower rather than as a means to get across the battlefield quickly; they're much slower than in WfC. I think this is done for balance since they're powerful but then I don't see how thn can get into battle fast enough.