VectorPrime404 (ZeldaTheSwordsman)'s Collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by VectorPrime404, Sep 28, 2010.

1. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Been meaning to get around to this for ages.

Since Christmas 2005, I have, on and off, been building up my Transformers collection. I would like to start this gallery off with my first two Transformers toys ever: Vector Prime and Starscream from the Toys-R-Us two-pack.

[​IMG]
    Side-by-side in vehicle mode:
    [​IMG]
    Vector Prime, looking good, thanks to my enhanced paint job. Sadly, I no longer have his Cyber Key. I lost the original years ago. I bought a replacement from DarthPrime117 earlier this year, but that was lost too while I was away in Idaho thanks to my mom having Obsessive Cleaning Disorder and not being capable of distinguishing between trash and important toy pieces. What a wall-banger. :banghead: 
    [​IMG]
    Starscream, looking way better than he first did. He's in the middle of having the repainting touched up. Also, notice that his pectoral guns move now. Only one of them's attached because I couldn't find the other to glue it back on. Starscream broke in half at the pelvis when I was modifying him. He wouldn't disassemble properly due to excess plastic, and the leg-box broke from the rest of the underplate piece. I fixed him with Mighty-Putty, but that eventually broke. So I had to drive a heavy screw through the broken halves. Still need to re-do the red and silver paint, though. This is what my repaint job used to look like:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And of course, here's little Safeguard.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Scourge was a birthday gift from my aunt in 2006. I really like the "tribal" look a lot of the Jungle Planet figures have. I have managed to obtain a replacement axe. Yay!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After that, I didn't get any new Transformers until 2009. Using some of my Renaissance Faire earnings, I bought Override off of eBay loose and complete for $9.99 plus $4.00 shipping. I found her, complete, for the retail price plus shipping. Hell. Yes. Alas, her key seems to have met the same fate as Vector Prime's replacement key.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This was my first repaint of one character into a different one who used the same mold. The Cybertron Terradive redeco Shockwave, whom I repainted into a member of the Japan-exclusive Caliber Mini-Con team: Mugen. The Caliber team operates under the direct command of Wing Saber, and their colour schemes are based on him.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cybertron Wing Saber. Whereas Energon Wing Saber was called that because he was designed as an homage to Victory's Autobot leader, Star Saber, this one really makes something of the name: The flaps of his wings become the blades for a pair of sabers.
    [​IMG]
    Cybertron Thundercracker. I love this guy. The jet mode is great. The people who bitch about his undercarriage being kibbly are ignorami, because it's actually a reasonable approximation of the Su-37's undercarriage.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As for his left arm not staying up: The instructions are wrong, wrong, wrongity motherfrakking wrong. On both versions. It's not supposed to rely on the pivot to stay up. See that notch on the gray bar by the shoulder? Push Thundercracker's backpack down as far as it will go, and then pop the arm into the gap between his chest and the backpack. Works much better. As for standing him, with the gun down it's easy because it acts as a kickstand. With the gun up and aiming, it's a bit tricky, but no worse than trying to get the old big 12" Buzz Lightyear figure to stand up. My TC is having to lean on the gun here because for whatever reason his hip joints have suddenly become extremely loose. Without the gun to be either a kickstand or a counterweight he couldn't stand at all. Update: Hips tightened.
    [​IMG]
    Gun powered up.
    [​IMG]
    Cybertron Hot Shot, who is an awesome Hot Rod homage, in vehicle mode with Accelewing deployed and turret gun materialized. Note: His Cyber Key gimmick currently has to have the Accelewing fins pushed out manually with a nail or screwdriver, because I apparently didn't reassemble his car top section properly. I had to take it apart because his rifle's peg broke off in the hole after a bad fall. Overall, awesome figure. Hot Shot is built for speed.
    [​IMG]
    Cockpit canopy open. It wasn't hard to pop the canopy's pegs out and shave a little plastic off of the hinge section.
    [​IMG]
    Eat plasma, Decepticreeps!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cybertron Evac. One of the best helicopter Transformers ever designed. He's bright orange, but in his case that works, because he turns into a rescue helicopter. They're supposed to be that kind of colour. I love this guy. The Cyber Key gimmick rocks. So does the rotor-spin gimmick. He'd be perfect if his hands opened to let him use his rotor as a sword... and given that I'm a Radicon, that just might happen.
    [​IMG]
    Cybertron Scout-class Scattorshot, in full-on vehicle attack mode. Technically this is the Galaxy Force Backpack release, but with this guy it's a tossup. I like him. The little dude's packing serious heat for a Scout class.
    [​IMG]
    Robot mode. He's got even more firepower: The back ends of the shoulder-wheels are sculpted as gatling guns. As for his optics: The yellow circles at the top of his head aren't his eyes. They're a pair of tank commander-style goggles. Scattorshot's optics are visor style: The dark band between the goggles and his nose. I got Scattorshot in the same deal that netted me Evac. I like him, my one beef is his lack of moving knees. He has back-and-forth leg movement at the hips, though, which is more important (I'm looking at you, G1 Scourge).

Legends figures scrapped for parts.

[​IMG]
    Cybertron Landmine. One of the best bulldozer/loader designs in all of Transformers. His shovel's got good articulation for digging action, and he rolls well.
    [​IMG]
    Spikes deployed, ready to grind some rocks.
    [​IMG]
    Robot mode. Decent articulation, as to be expected from the Cybertron line.
    [​IMG]
    And his shovel halves have a very good use too, instead of just being kibble: Shields. This is where his Japanese name, Guardshell, comes from.
    [​IMG]
    Cyber Tempest! Thank the show for a good interpretation of this. It can't actually stir up wind to blow baddies away, but that's where your hand comes in.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Movie Hardtop, a redeco of the Cybertron figure of the same name. Got him to bolster my Decepticon ranks.
    [​IMG]
    Cybertron Snarl. This is the last Cybertron figure before moving on. I do have a few more, but I'm saving them for the end. This guy is freaking awesome. Great articulation in both beast and robot mode. Also has a clip for storing the Cyber Key. Yay!
    [​IMG]
    Now here, the key gimmick is a let down because the fangs are linked to the jaw's movement. I'm going to re-work it so that it's like in the show: the jaw is moved on it's own, and the key deploys the Power Fangs. Either way, it looks cool. He's ready to bite some Decepticon right in his turbocharger.
    [​IMG]
    Robot mode, using his tail-weapon as a gun. Note that it's held underhand.
    [​IMG]
    Now he's using it as a sword, which is my preferred way to have him wielding it and one some toy reviewers overlooked.

Some crazy custom OCs of mine.
    [​IMG]
    ROTF Slipstream (working designation). Just a random kitbash that needs gunbarrels added and the paintjob applied. She exists to be an extra, really. A minor character whose purpose is to be cannon-fodder in a planned webcomic.

[​IMG]
    Flashshot, one of my OCs from http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...81-transformers-fairycon-tales-beginning.html Mostly a repaint of a G1 Thundercracker, but the vertical tailfins are from Starscream and the sole horizontal tailfin is a piece of cardboard glued to a makeshift peg. That's a piece of a dead paintbrush handle standing in for the landing gear.
    [​IMG]
    Robot mode. Note the painted face. Has come much farther recently, just hasn't been photographed yet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Firebomb, another character from the same story as Flashshot. When complete will have a Tracks-style flight mode, a different head, and standard-style fists. In fact, it's going to be sort of the opposite of a reshell. Same vehicle shell, mostly, different body. The ball joints are being used in other figures, such as Grimlock.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My own Classics Thundercracker, repainted from Acid Storm. Slightly the worse for wear after a rough ride in my backpack, needs some touching-up. Touched up, looks loads better, but he will be replaced by Generations Thundercracker soon, and this will be stripped and turned into a cartoon-accurate Acid Storm.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Armada Optimus Prime. I got him with plans on making him into a Nemesis Prime. I didn't show his base mode or his super mode because A. I can't figure out how to transform his trailer to base mode, and I don't have batteries for the cab robot to trigger the autotransformation and B. The trailer is missing all the weapons except a single Mini-Con activated gun. So the Super mode and the base mode (if I knew how to configure it) both look incomplete.

Now for some G1 stuff.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Shrapnel was my first G1 figure. I think Shrap looks cool, and plus he was cheap. Unfortunately, he's missing the left bug-mode leg piece (can somebody please help?). Bombshell was also cheap. I want multiples of all three so that I can have an Insecticlone swarm.
    [​IMG]
    Long Haul and Mixmaster. Ideally, I will someday have the other four.
    [​IMG]
    They're kinda necessary for forming Devastator.
    [​IMG]
    Check out the face paint.
    [​IMG]
    G1 Mirage and G1 Jazz, both bought as junkers. I made Jazz new doors, but he still needs a roof.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mirage was snapped in half at the waist and missing his spoiler. I made him a new waist pin from a piece of a nail, and fabricated a spoiler from styrene. His face has been painted for show accuracy. He needs some new stickers, as well as a bath in hydrogen peroxide solution. Update: Peroxide failed, so I just painted. Has new stickers. Currently being articulated.
    [​IMG]
    Jazz was missing both doors, his roof was snapped off at the windshield (anyone got a spare?), and he was in need of several stickers. I bought a repro sticker sheet, but it was a bit of a ripoff. The door stickers were missing the "Martinii Porsche" emblem and were silver instead of white, and the lower chest sticker was absent. I was able to fabricate new doors from styrene, but the roof is being a super bitch to reproduce.
    [​IMG]
    Encore Ratchet. Currently being modified for show-accurate robot mode.
    [​IMG]
    Grimlock, Slag, and Sludge. Hell yeah.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Grimlock. Sword has been made silver for show-accuracy (it would have been silver in the show if it had appeared). Updated with ball joint shoulders and whatnot a la Frenzy_Rumble's tutorial.
    [​IMG]
    Slag. Slag has his gun now (not pictured), but not his sword or his rocket launcher.
    [​IMG]
    Sludge. He has his rifle and his launcher, but I unfortunately lost the rocket for which I paid $6.00.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Snarl. He has his gun, his launcher, and one rocket. No sword.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Swoop has his sword, his launchers, one missile. No tail, but I will fabricate a new one once I have repro stickers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Soundwave. In need of new stickers. His battery cover has arrived, but not photographed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cyclonus. He was missing Nightstick, so I made him a mockup of his regular gun. Wings and horns are purple now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Scourge. Rifle and headpiece are homemade because no way am I paying $25 dollars apiece for the real ones.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "Decepticons, attack!" Check out my repaint and head mod of G1 Galvatron. Now if only I had the actual cannon barrel.
    [​IMG]
    Group shot of the Unholy Trinity.
    And now... Ladies and gentlemen, the truck, the myth, the legend - Generation One Optimus Prime!
    [​IMG]
    Vehicle attack mode. Yeah, baby.
    [​IMG]
    Robot mode.
    [​IMG]
    Trailer in base mode. Roller was painted silver.
    [​IMG]
    Oh yeah, baby.

And here's G1 Ultra Magnus:
    [​IMG]
    Vehicle mode, carrying Jazz and Hot Rod. Jazz is still topless.
    [​IMG]
    Inner robot and battle station. Remy's wrong about the Diaclone battle station mode being better. This is actually better because this way the launchers are on turrets with a great degree of movement. I repainted the inner robot's head to look as I think it would have in the cartoon. Plus, this way it can double as alloy-coated Optimus Prime from The Return Of Optimus Prime, Part 2. Also note that the rifle is chromed.
    [​IMG]
    Super robot. I added a painted piece of card behind the eyes to make them blue.

Now for the rest of the Cybertron stuff.
    [​IMG]
    Cybertron Supreme class Starscream. Swordfighting with Fate.
    [​IMG]
    Cybertron Metroplex. Anybody who bashes his vehicle mode is advised to keep a lid on it, because I love it. It's an alien vehicle mode, so it doesn't have to be a disguise. It's main purpose to be functional. The shovel opens and closes, the arm can bend at a number of points, the bucket wheel turns, and the whole assembly is on a turret, allowing it to rotate. So it functions very well indeed as an excavator. All it needs to be great is to have actual, working treads instead of molded ones.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Metroplex with his axe Sparkdrinker. Think about that name for a moment. And yes he can actually lift that thing over his head, and bring it down hard on just about anybody.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Boosters engaged.
    [​IMG]
    His jet mode. I don't think it's tacked on at all. Looks pointy and menacing, which is very befitting.
    [​IMG]
    One of the best Leader-class Megatron figures of the past five years. The only other one on par in recent times is Animated Megatron. This guy looks like evil incarnate. He also looks a bit like Unicron. The reason? He rebuilt himself with wreckage of Unicron's body and absorbed most of Unicron's remaining power. He sought to gain godhood, and to destroy the universe to remake it as he saw fit. He came within seconds of achieving these goals. His toy is suitably awesome. Very well articulated, durable, and comes with two missiles, the Death Claw as a melee weapon, and his Death Machine Gun: a laser gatling gun.
    [​IMG]
    Also, check out the light-piping. It works incredibly well on this guy.
    [​IMG]
    Last but absolutely not least, Cybertron Optimus Prime. Note the extra paint details and that the rifle is black. The big guns are dual purpose. They're both energy cannons and water cannons. So not only can Optimus blow the Decepticons away, he can also perform damage control.
    [​IMG]
    The flying fire truck mode. I love this so much. This is one of the best things ever.
    [​IMG]
    Robot mode. I haven't shown the artillery station because the smaller sections of the wings are glued in place to keep them from flopping. I need to drive metal pins through like on the Takara version.
    [​IMG]
    "OPTIMUS PRIME, SUPER MODE!" HELL YEAH! This is probably the best of all Optimus Prime super modes, because it gives him extra strength, defense, firepower, maneuverability, and speed. A tactical nightmare from the Decepticons' perspective. Also, it has articulation. Only a little less than the regular robot mode.
    [​IMG]
    Sonic Wing Mode.
    I also have Target-exclusive Leo Prime (Lio Convoy), but I forgot to get him out when I was taking these. His whip seems to have met the same fate as the lost keys.

[​IMG]
    Blurr.
    [​IMG]
    Hot Rod. That hinge is temporary, it was the only one I had.

I also have G1 Kup, G1 Springer (no sword), G1 Buzzsaw, G1 Laserbeak (no head, no guns), G1 Rumble (cartoon colours), G1 Ravage (missing left side, right forepaw, left hindpaw, no weapons), Generations Dirge, Generations Straxus, HFTD Terradive, Movie Storm Surge, Movie Air Raid (Skyblast recolour), Cybertron Mudflap, Cybertron Quickmix, Cybertron Backstop, Cybertron Brakedown, Cybertron Clocker, Voyager Leobreaker, Cybertron Defense Red Alert, Cybertron Defense Scattorshot, Cybertron Defense Hot Shot, G1 Wheeljack, G1 Bluestreak (missing windshield/roof piece, doors, and left arm), and G1 Megatron. I am in the process of updating the gallery, although it's on hold.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  2. kris198921

kris198921 Member

is your leo prime the red and white version or the red and blue version?

3. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Red and white. Like I said, Target-exclusive. Got him on clearance.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    It looks like you've got a cool collection! Some recommendations: post all of your customs in Radicons :) :) , and move to model paints. Those craft types of paints won't serve you well in the long run. Also, check out the tutorials in Radicons for some painting tips. :wink: 

Thanks for sharing your collection! :thumb 

5. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

What, the acrylics? I find them better for stuff like this. Most enamels don't seem to hold up well against my skin oils without some kind of clear-coat, especially not on Transformers. That's why Starscream's red needs touching up. And why I had to touch up the silver. Half of it had rubbed off. Also, acrylics will rinse off of my paintbrushes.

As for posting all my customs in the Radicons, given that just about everything in here has been modified in some way...

6. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I'm thinking you need to do some reading: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/tutorials-how-tos/201900-table-contents.html

Particularly: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/tutorials-how-tos/272696-paints-some-recommended-types-brands.html
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/tutorials-how-tos/214559-all-you-wanted-know-about-future-finish.html

7. DoctorJoe

DoctorJoe who?

.......... huh.............. I'm struggling with this... on one hand I think its fake ( trolling) ... on the other hand I think its sad. Sorry bud, if you are sincere, you need to learn how to paint well. It'll serve you better in the long run. Just a little constructive criticism.

8. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Superquad7, it was Testors I originally used to paint Starscream. Silver over the original maroon, red over the original silver. I'd read about how great Testors paint was, and the white and red had worked well enough on a Viper Mark II kit I'd built earlier. But on Starscream... With each handling the silver paint rubbed off more and more. Clear coat would have helped, but when I discovered I needed it the silver enamel paint was gone. Rubbed off like the paint on the center of a Cyber Key, or Hot Shot's hood tampograph. The gold has this problem too, but not to the same extent. Also, when I started using enamels, I got a nasty surprise. The paint wouldn't rinse off of my brushes like I thought it would, like it did with the acrylics, and so a good half of my paintbrushes have the bristles trapped as solid lumps of congealed paint.

Americana acrylics and enamels got good reviews in a Model Railroader article I saw, so I figured they were worth a try. The Americana enamel doesn't have to be shaken before use like the Testors paint does. Also, the red acrylic paint actually DRIES PROPERLY. THE STUPID TESTORS RED PAINT TOOK FOREVER TO DRY COMPLETELY, IF IT DRIED COMPLETELY AT ALL. To add insult to injury, it congealed into a rubbery red brick. What. The. Hell.

I'll admit to my brushing technique needing work, though. Flashshot's paintwork in particular is crap. There was a bit of deliberate sloppiness, to try and cover as much as possible with the remaining paint. I'll get some more of that pastel blue later, a full-size tube instead of a small cup of it in a paint set, and re-do her.

9. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Tag Album: Superquad7 - Transformers Customs - TFW2005.COM

90-95% or so of my work was made by using Testors acrylics, applied with a brush. Future floor polish completed changed my world using paints applied by brushes as well. For more about that, read my discussion here: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/featured-radicons/214854-november-featured-radicon-superquad7.html

Also, just so you know, enamel is oil-based, and must be removed with paint thinner; acrylics are water-based and can be removed by water. Oil and water don't mix.

The cool thing about customs is that one can generally go back and keep working on em :) 

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I'm not seeing your problem with enamels that you couldn't possibly work around (especially on that Starscream, you didn't go back and paint the silver and THEN sealed it...why?), but if you seriously don't want to use enamels I've found that Floquil water-base paints are a better alternative to Americana el cheapo paints. They're pricey, but they dry do much smoother than Americana.

11. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

By this, I meant it was all used up.

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Oh, it read different to me. Anyways, you really should look into a better paint, Americana Acrylics are NOT meant to be put on things that are handled as much as a Transformer, and clear coating it doesn't protect it from extreeme friction such as rubbing joints. As I said in my last post, I think you should look into water-based Floquil paints. They're not cheap, but they do the job. Example: I used Floquill Santa Fe Blue (water base) to repaint the sub from an Energon Prime. After reassembly and testing the joint, the repainted drone was smooth and scratchless on all surfaces. Including all surfaces that would be impossible to keep unscrached with 70 cent acrylics

13. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

I have updated the info and added some new pictures. Mirage, Jazz, G1-verse Thundercracker, Wing Saber, Grimlock, and a few others are all out of date, and will remain so until I've found my disappeared data files.

14. Superquad7

News Credits:
    While I know you're referring to your thread here, I just want to clarify that we currently do not have a "gallery" for your collection: Member Collections - Transformers Collections - TFW2005.COM

(For further information, see this thread: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...allery-submissions-guidelines-procedures.html)

15. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Sorry. I've changed it now.

16. Superquad7

News Credits:
    It's cool :)  I also wanted to kinda promote what I posted above in the process :) 

17. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Ah, I see. I won't be able to make one until I find my files, though. They're still existent on my hard drive but not showing up. :(  If I ever find who created "XP Antivirus 2011" I'm shoving their keyboard up their ass at the very least. :mad 

18. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Sure :lol 

Well, at least you (and others) are aware of what I've posted now :) 

19. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

And somebody actually noticed the update this time.