Vector Zeta Refunds Press Release

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TRANSJAZZ, Oct 4, 2012.

1. TRANSJAZZ

TRANSJAZZ Fighting Cancer RIP 10/31/16 Veteran

News Credits:
    As many of you know we had a bad experience last year with our first attempt at having an exclusive. We had 100 people pre-order them and the manufacturer of the exclusive could not deliver in a timely manor. Now, that everyone is caught up. At Slagacon this year I am going to attempt to sell the rest of my collection off in order to pay the rest of the people I owe money to back. I apologize it has taken so long and I really wish it would not have but I am trying to make it right.

I know it seems strange that I decided to put on another show again this year. If I would have folded up and shut this show down it may have ended up not ever getting everyone paid back. The profits from this years show will also go to paying off the rest of the people that purchased a Vector Zeta set and are still waiting. I have not put any personal money into the show this year, it has all went to refunds. That is why I had to cancel guests and not have as great of a show as I had hoped to deliver. For all of this I am truly sorry and I hope to rectify not only the situation but my reputation as a fan and convention holder.

Sincerely,

Chad Williams

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    That's classy. The man fell into some misfortune and instead of telling everyone "TOO BAD I GOT SCREWED TOO" he is working hard at raising funds to pay EVERYONE back.

I also agree with not shutting down the show. I know this may piss off the people that he owes money too but the show will bring him money to pay people off. Also, conventions take years to build up and establish. Shutting down the show may have made it impossible to get a new one running, or leave room for someone else to steal the concept and create a new con. Having one weaker year still keeps things going and hopefully it will grow in the following years.

I wish you the best of luck and sorry for your misfortune. Karma likes to pay her loans and I think you have some good shit coming your way for taking the high road on this. I too was screwed by a mould maker many many moons ago and I know how expensive and heart breaking it could be. It seems like a lot of these guys are scum, but then again that is true in any business.

Good luck with the con and sorry about losing your collection but hey Encore is pretty much releasing everyone in G1 again so it will be easy to rebuild. (silver linings)

3. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Most people would not go to the lengths that you have to set things right. Best of luck to you in the future, you deserve it.

4. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is the first I'm hearing of this... So the manufacturer not only didn't get them in a timely manner.... They NEVER MADE THEM? Where did all the money go, then? Most companies want money upfront... Sorry if this was beat to death already... Just curious.

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    The guy who was to make the item got all the money and ran with it.

6. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's good that you come up clean and try to resolve the problem. Good luck. This situation reminded me of the past. I just wish that MPH88 (?, forgot the company name already, ehee) did the same thing back in the old days when they promise to deliver that art book. They got my money and I never got the book.

7. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would have assumed it was standard procedure to not give the guy making the customs all the money up front. Half up front, then half when the rest was delivered makes more sense. Unless the money was spent by the OP on something else?

8. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    But who is to say the preorder money was not the half required?

I personally do not know if the preorders = a Vector Zeta sell out or if more where to be made to cover profits.

I would suspect that no matter the situation, the money is gone and Chad is now doing what he can to raise funds to pay everone back.

First time endeavor+rookie excitement+veteran scam artist = easy to get money. I was invovled in a similar situation with a mould maker back in my Star Wars days and I can see how Chad got sucked in.

9. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    from what I remember reading about it the maker kept delaying with Chad and kept running out of money to buy the materials he needed to refine and streamline. Again I think Chad only wanted the best product and complied, and in the end the guy just ran. I could be wrong but that seems to be how I remember it.

10. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    So the maker of the item who ripped off Chad is being brought to justice right? Charges are being filed? I mean, this IS theft, yes? He was paid to provide a service which he did not provide. So Chad called the police, right? There's a report somewhere? And who is this "mystery guy" who was supposed to make these? His name should be MUD around here, so who was he so we all know not to commission him for anything? Maybe I haven't looked hard enough but I don't recall seeing a post like "THIS GUY, _________, was the guy! Screw him!"

11. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    I know for one I am sorry too see this happen, but Slag-a-Con is a great show, and I had a blast last year and will be three again this year. I would hate to see the show shut down for any reason, especially because of some douche that was scamming the organizer. I support Chad in his effort to keep going, hopefully for years to come.

12. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not exactly that cut and dried.

This isn't criminal court. You first need a settlement, and the you need the ability of the person to pay or you go through other means like wage garnishment, etc.

Just ask an ex-wife of a deadbeat Dad.

13. DethPike

Ebay:
    Is this the same thing though? This isn't an alimony agreement/child support agreement or something that a court already decided and that this dude is now welching on - Chad gave dude money for toys, and then dude didn't give Chad toys. That's THEFT, isn't it? Or at the very least, misappropriation? This SHOULD be for criminal court. Any small claims court could hear this if Chad wanted to file charges.

And my question is = if Chad DOESN'T wanna file charges... WHY NOT? Why WOULDN'T he want the money back and/or PUNISH this crook?

14. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This reminds me of an incident on the Junkion Exchange a year or two ago. One seller had built up a respectable reputation, then he started taking a bunch of expensive orders at the same time. When he became incommunicado after that, buyers realized he had taken the money and ran. God, what was his name again? Did they ever catch the guy?

15. DethPike

Ebay:
    Hybrid Prime? Dunno if they ever caught that guy, but this isn't quite the same thing - I'm sure Chad is in a bad spot BECAUSE of this other guy. I'm just dumbfounded at why anyone is seemingly DEFENDING the guy who's fault it is. WHO WAS THE CLOWN WHO TOOK THE MONEY FROM CHAD? And if Chad hasn't taken steps to make him pay for it, WHY in the heck NOT?

Chad seems to be paying everyone out of his pocket... which he shouldn't have to do! Unless he's not ALLOWED to discuss it BECAUSE of pending legal action against the "crook", I'd LOVE to see a post from him like "Yes, refunds are almost complete - I've had to eat a bunch of crow over this - but by thunder that a$$hole _________ is gonna get his. No one should deal with ______ ever."