Vector Sigma I mean "TheO" gawd that's a stupid name!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Feb 17, 2012.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

This was posted on Yahoo News today. You gotta scroll down some on the page to see the toy I'm talking about but except for the big hole where you can put an IPod or Smart Phone the ball looks like Vector Sigma.

Cool New Toys for 2012 - Yahoo! Shopping

They're calling it "TheO" the idea is for an exercise app to be on your device and you put it in the ball so kids get out an play. So not only is this thing a Vector Sigma knock off but it's also stupid as hell. How are you suppose to operate the app and play with the ball at the same time? It's one or the other kinda hard to mix the two. Anyway as a sports thing they should of made it to look like a basket ball or soccer ball not freaking Vector Sigma. If anything I'd get that and display it so you can't see the hole or put your device in there and watch Transformers on it.

I kinda doubt a device would even be secure inside that ball it looks like you just slide it into the hole and hope it doesn't slide back out while your kids are kicking and throwing it around. Like I said, stupid as hell. Hasbro should be making money off this because it'd make a great display piece as Vector Sigma. I can't picture anyone actually using it as intended, not without breaking their device and they're expensive as hell.

2. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :rolleyes2 

3. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The proliferation of using iPhones and iPads as parental substitutes (and the general acceptance of it in our society) disgusts me to no end.

[​IMG]

4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    The O is a gundam, and basically my name... so yeah.

5. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    ....What? Vector Sigma is a goddamn wireframe ball. By default EVERY BALL EVER PROGRAMMED in a 3D video game is a ripoff of Vector Sigma. Seriously... :rolleyes: 

6. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why is this here?

To the toyark with you

7. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ^Yeah this would get more lulz if posted in Gundam thread, I think. Paptimus is crying. (Note: Not a knock off Optimus)

8. SaberPrime

Totally agreed, especially with the image, I've been saying that sense I was created...

You look thew these search results and tell me...

Wire Frame Ball
    Image Search Results for Wire Frame Ball

How many wire frame balls do you see there that look like this?

Vector Sigma
    [​IMG]

Vector Sigma is in fact a wire frame ball but it's hardly identical to every wire frame ball in existence.

You could move the thread. I just saw "Toys" and thought "Oh well this probably goes here sense it's a toy."

9. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I'm amazed. This is actually worse than your not-knock off Cybertron Scout repacks at BigLots thread. Good job.

Not a knock off Vector Sigma. Doubt the makers even care about Transformers. It's just a ball that happened to be the right color (yellow, which if we learned anything from Hasbro/Takara, is a color very attractive to children).

10. SaberPrime

Try and think, it's suppose to be for sports so why not make it look like a Basket Ball or Soccer Ball? Why make it look like something that has absolutely nothing to do with what it's intended for?

Maybe they just wanted a generic looking ball?

So why orange? Why the triangle line pattern? Why isn't there a variety of different colors and designs? Not everyone is going to like the look of this particular ball.

They made this particular design for a specific reason. It's freaking Vector Sigma. Besides even on the off chance that it is just coincidence it's still freaking ******ed how they intend kinds to use this thing with an IPod or Smart Phone INSIDE OF IT! It doesn't look like anything is really keeping the device inside the ball and almost every ball ever eventually ends up stuck up a tree or in a neighbor's yard. While the ball might protect your device from being broken while it's in the ball it doesn't help if it falls out during play of preventing it from rolling away and getting lost. Say good by to about $400 because that's approximately how much the device is with tax.

The main reason I posted this here is because it's intended use is so freaking stupid that it would sell better as a Vector Sigma display just because of it's design. I didn't even bring up weather or not I thought it was intentionally designed that way, you did. I thought about it but I really don't wanna sit here and argue about it. Just take it for what it is, my opinion, and leave it at that.

11. QmTablit

I did!?
    Yeah, I'm the one that brought it up 8 posts in, despite your thread title and the opening post. Sure.

And I don't know what you call an opinion, but making blind accusations based on little to no facts isn't it.

12. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know what, I think the dog toy companies ripped off vector sigma. I have a a ball that looks a lot like VS that my puppy lovs to play with. Oh, and its yellow...definately inspired by VS, no doubt in my mind.:rolleyes: :crazy: 

13. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Why do I have the urge to buy this and use my figures to reenact scenes from "The Key to Vector Sigma" and "Birth of Team Double Prime"?

14. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

99.9999% of the world have NO IDEA what the hell Vector Sigma is. "what's a vector sigma?" "that some new frat house?" "no it's a sandwich."

Do you read what you're posting?

15. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Hahahahah I'm totally saving that shit to my desktop for future use.

16. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

Why name the thread Vector Sigma or imply it's a k.o. of it? It isn't and has nothing to do with transformers toys period.

17. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

18. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

That thing puking out the faces is awesome haha

19. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    You do realize that Vector Sigma is a KO of Epcott Center right?

20. QmTablit

Epcot Center... is Vector Sigma! :O