Vector Prime...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Vialli, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Vialli

Vialli Fantastic

I finally picked up the two Primes this week, but the one that interests me more is Vector prime, does anyone think he looks like a medievil knight?

The forearms remind me of gauntlets of a knight and the wings at the back remind me of a cape, something like King Arthur wore in the movie, plus he has a sword.

Maybe this was discussed before when he first surfaced but I wasnt around so sorry if this is a wasted thread :) 

2. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

I hadn't thought about that, but but that is a design Vector Prime has. I've always thought the mold would make a good Alpha Trion as well for if or when they repaint it.

3. Vialli

Vialli Fantastic

Speaking of repaints, Overide GTS looks the spitting image of G1 Blurr, future repaint maybe?

4. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Really? Blurr was blue, Override is red and white/grey. I'm not quite seeing it. But yeah, VP does look kinda knight-ish. I think that works pretty well for his time travelling origins.

5. SoundwaveMajor

SoundwaveMajor DarkWarLord of Insanity

maybe he is a mid evil version of the transformers.
    he is one of the orginal 13.

6. Vialli

Vialli Fantastic

Well thats what I was thinking of yeah, I just thought I'd throw it out and see if anyone else saw it.

As for Override GTS, I know he/she/whatever is red and white but as far as the design goes, I'm just reminded of blurr..

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    yeah but tell me why on earth hasbro would repaint that toy AGAIN to be Blurr's colors when there's ALREADY a blurr toy in Cyberton???

Andy

8. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

I don't think he's aware that there was a Blurr toy in Cybertron already, in his defense. Vector Prime was supposed to be called Alpha Trion, but I think at the last minute they changed the name for whatever reason. And yeah, I got the whole Knight feeling too from the figure when I first got it. It has a very galant and regal feel to it. Definitely a great figure and character to add to the mythos.

9. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Anyone else besides me thinks SWTF Darth Maul's alt mode looks very similar to Vector Prime's alt mode? I will get that toy to be the nemesis to VP.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, the Sith Infiltrater definately looks like it inspired Vector's alt mode.
    I've never really seen the knight aesthetic in him before, but I can see it now you mention it. Well spotted!

11. Vialli

Vialli Fantastic

In all honesty when did that stop Hasbro slapping on a paint job onto a toy and giving it a different name? the mold is similer, stick the G1 colours onto it and boom there ya go.

I mean look at previous series, they always repaint a character to a "powerlinx" or "energon" powerup thing, so whats to say they don't do Overide in Blurr colours? Not a thing as far as I'm concerned.

12. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

allways thought vps alt mode looked starwarsish

13. Yurei-Kun

Yurei-Kun Banned

Your post doesn't make any sense.

"I want it, so it must be true."

What sort of cracknoob logic is that?

We already have Blurr, with a GENERATION ONE Blurr head, mind you, and we already recieved the repaint for Override. It's not going to happen. I've never known Hasbro to repaint one mold three times in a single toyline.

14. AximusPrime

AximusPrime Well-Known Member

Not only that, giving the third repaint the same name as someone already in the same line.

15. Vialli

Vialli Fantastic

All I'm saying is the mold reminds me of G1 blurr and a G1 redeco of the mold in them colours would be cool, maybe someone will paint it themselves, I dunno.

Anyway The G1 starscream was a repaint of the same mold three times as was prowl, so it has been done with armada hotshot in yellow, red and the G1 Smokescreen colours, although I dont know if that got released or not, so its not uncommon for the one mold to be redecod, maybe not in the one particular toyline but in general of TF toys

And he doesnt have to be called blurr, he could be called anything, hell he could be called Bob the builder for all I cared, look at energon Downshift, he's wheeljack in all but name, yet he's called downshift, so just because you paint him with a resemblance to a G1 character doesnt mean he has to be called by that name.

16. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    To be fair, don't forget that Energon did feature two different homages to Jetfire/Skyfire, so who knows.

With a character like Blur though, yeah, not likely would be my assumption. In cases like this it's best to make a custom.

17. Vialli

Vialli Fantastic

Is the Universe line still going? God knows it could end up in there if it were to happen...

18. useless

useless Completely Unreasonable TFW2005 Supporter

I've always thought His alt mode looked more like a (non Federation) Star Trek ship than the Sith Inflitrator... even though I know thats what his design was aclually based on.

Interesting this is the first time I've heard that... where did that info come from?

Either way I'm glad yeah Alpha Trions a G1 name, but Vector Prime jut sounds cooler... I also like the idea that "Prime" does not necessarily mean "Bearer of the Matrix and overall Autobot leader"