Vector Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Mar 7, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I browsed past an image of Big Ben and I thought that would make a great steampunk Transformer. A clock tower Transformer, man that would be awesome! My voice picks would be:
    - Richard Newman (original voice)
    - Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker or Sylvester McCoy (Dr Who)
    - Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, Brent Spiner (Star Trek)
    - Scott Bakula (Quantum Leap)

He couldn’t really work, sadly... but obviously. The filmmakers have to work within the bounds of logic and realism, time travel was done with Soundwave to explain what happened between ROTF and DOTM and it was an awful thing to do (a recent recruiting of Gould, swayed by ambition to become their agent for becoming leader of the humans, would have worked better than time travel and recruitment of his father).

Besides that, Vector Prime is a Transformer guardian of time, he’d only get a few scenes where he appears from outside of time (like with the Dynasty of Primes in ROTF, which he could succeed/precede) and that’d be it; he’d probably not even have an alternate mode.

2. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Umm, you suggest Vector Prime's alt mode to be a clocktower?

3. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I got the idea from Metroplex and Trypticon.

And like I said, he probably wouldn't even keep it for long, since he's a guardian of time and would have to guard it from the outside so to speak.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    hahahahahahaha

5. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    You're talking about people that made a film around a franchise involving conspiracy theories in a film about alien robots involved in a civil war, with nearly half of those somehow failing to survive the cold, despite the fact they're freaking robots, while trying to bring a planet in with only a few freaking artifacts made of advanced technology. Really sounds like logic and realism. Makes perfect freaking sense!!!

6. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    What have I missed?

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Christopher Lee or if not Corey Burton.

And if not how about Malcolm McDowell?

Vector Prime is awesome, growing up with the Cybertron series. He was humble and brave, hell his ultimate sacrifice at the end of Cybertron is a tearjerker up their with G1 Optimus Prime,. BW Dinobot and Armada Starscream.

8. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    How the Hell are they going to animate a robot who transforms into something on the scale of Big Ben? He will only be a one scene wonder like Devastator or the Driller.

9. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    That, and the fact that unless it had legs, his clock tower alt mode wouldn't do much other than inform the audience/character of how long that battle had been taking place for.

10. starman72

starman72 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    somehow, i missed the time travel part of dotm?

christopher lee would be great, especially since he's known more for villains.

11. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    "somehow, i missed the time travel part of dotm?"
    ROTF = Soundwave’s arrived
    DOTM = Soundwave’s been on Earth for years

A tie-in comic says he traveled through time thanks to the Bermuda Triangle (Transformers Comic issue 2.15 - Transformers Wiki). I mean WHAAT?

Oh, about the realism, I believe I used the wrong word. I meant “verisimilitude”, or making a fantasy concept as realistic and feasible in the real world as possible, like:
    - each robot stays the same size (no mass shifting)
    - each robot possesses their own gadgetry (holograms, sensors, armament, scanner)
    - the government (or at least an agency of it) is/becomes aware of the Transformers’ existence, and later cooperates with the Autobots in an official alliance
    - Transformers hiding out on Earth throughout history (and someone getting wind of it)
    - NASA coming across a Transformer ship on the moon

You can’t deny they tried to make Transformers workable.

Oh, and I agree on Lee.

12. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    Lee would work pretty nice, or they can bring Leonard back for another go at an ancient prime...

13. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

I agree with the voice being a nod to doctor who but why big ben? I mean, yeah, he's massive enough to be a giant robot but the trucks and cars are massive enough.

14. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

A clockwork Transformer would be pretty cool. But knowing Bayformers, he'll probably end up being the main villian, and over shadow Megatron again.

when did Soundwave travel through time?

15. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Each robots possesses their own gadgetry? You're thinking of G1. Most of the Bayformers don't exhibit any variety of gadgetry.
    And also have an alien robot being made out of tin foil, and being easily killed be human tech, is not realism; it's a serious design flaw.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That's impossible.

Megatron is dead. Their is no way to over shadow.

But I think if Lee is casted, he'd need to be a good guys. If Mr. Spock can becoem Ironhide's cold blooded killer why not Nice guy Lee?

17. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    "Most of the Bayformers don't exhibit any variety of gadgetry."
    I mentioned weaponry: cannons, axes, jetpacks, etc. Look back over the TFilms and you'll see their tech get more advanced (especially in DOTM).

"And also have an alien robot being made out of tin foil, and being easily killed be human tech, is not realism; it's a serious design flaw."
    Tom Banachek said "These things can be hurt by out weapons, and now they know it". The first film established humans as putting up a fairly good fight, enough to allow them to stand beside the Autobots in battle (a necessary move perhaps, otherwise it'd be more expensive and less engaging to have nothing but bot-on-bot battles). And note that it wasn't everyday common human tech:
    - it took Bumblebee to defeat Barricade and Brawl, Frenzy cut his own head off, Optimus decapitated Bonecrusher, and two airstrikes were called to bring down Scorponok and Megatron (with Starscream as a possible participant for the latter). I concur Blackout was taken down with conventional army tech, but they hit him in his sensitive side, I don't think
    - NEST has upgraded weaponry, but it still took Autobots to take out Sideways, Demolishor, Grindor, Ravage, Rampage, Scorponok and the Fallen. It needed an airstrike for most of the others.
    - Mirage, Ironhide and Sideswipe finished off the Dreads. Bumblebee blew off Soundwave's head, and it, uh, took Optimus Prime and an airstrike for the rest (even though Megatron attacked Sentinel on his behalf).

18. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "The filmmakers have to work within the bounds of logic and realism"
    Wrong - The Allspark shard can resurrect dead robots, yet it isnt used to resurrect Optimus? Bumblebee`s legs can be reattached yet Jazz cant have his lower half repaired? Frenzy can regenerate his entire body using the Allspark yet this energy doesnt Automatically repair Bumblebee`s voice? Megatron and other transformers who travel through space, a temperature i have researched quickly to be around '-270.425 C or -454.765 F' yet Megatron only freezes in Earth water (Granted he was low on power but he should have froze much sooner in the atmosphere)

"time travel was done with Soundwave to explain what happened between ROTF and DOTM"

Wrong - the Gould family was hired by the Decepticons. It is likey that Soundwave and his minions found Dylan after the Ark crash landing. Somewhere in the time period of after ROTF and before DOTM Soundwave scanned the new alt mode. No time travel in the film series.

"I browsed past an image of Big Ben and I thought that would make a great steampunk Transformer"

It could work, but it would have to be a triple changer. Probably work better as Omega Supreme. Vector Prime i`ld scale more to the size of a small jet. As suprise value its a great idea, i can imagine a battle happening around then revealing that Big Ben is infact a transformer. But i cant imagine the altmode being used after that.

19. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Megatron is dead. Their is no way to over shadow."

Transformers Energon Megatron used the body of Transformers Armada Megatron as a gun... i think that could be over shadowing the former leader. Besides we all know they`ll bring Megatron back in one form or another somehow in the new film, or atleast mention him a lot.

20. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Oh, I get it now! 'Cause he'd be a really tall clocktower! Like, he'd really tower over Megatron and overshadow him! I get ya'! ;)