Vector Prime use with Generations?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Seeker, May 12, 2011.

1. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I really like the Vector Prime mold, that's the reason I bought him, and I display him with and place him in my TF classics universe. He's a comtemporary of Alpha Trion in my toyverse. He is not a deluxe but neither are Inferno and Powerglide.

2. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

That's cool. My Vector Prime is kind of a floater between both my Classics, and my AEC collection. Depends on my mood. I've actually added my TFCC exclusive Sideswipe, Roullette, and Shadow Striker with my Classics collection, also. They're about the right size, and they look there.

3. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

He was included in the Universe range, so I guess that version of him makes the most sense?

4. captaingambit

captaingambit Urban Explorer/Toy Addict

Vector Prime is a great toy. Not the most articulated Transformer ever, but the mold detailing is top notch. I like him a lot. He robot proportions give him an aesthetic that fits in perfectly with Classics.

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I..don't really repurpose my figures or really give them any particular place in my collection. Is what it is.

6. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

i always liked this one but wasnt collecting when i saw him in stores. maybe ill pick him up for my classics someday...

7. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    I like this mold alot and happen to have three versions in my Classics collection. Great addition in any color.

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Vector Prime is supposedly one those same-guy-in-every-universe "multiversal singularity" types, so he should be fine regardless of what shelf you set him on. :) 

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  9. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    I too have my Vector with my Classics,he just looks so good with them.Also another great one is Armada Unicron,for me I have 6 of him and all of the lines except beast wars has Unicron in with them,like G1,G2,RID,Armada,Cybertron,and Classics,he is after all The Chaos Bringer.Long Live Unicron and Vector Prime.

10. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's your shelf, so put whatever you like on there. Also they did repaint him into Alpha Trion for Botcon 07, so there's added credibility to using a regular version as a stand-in. I'd put my Botcon version on my Classics shelf if only there were any space left.

11. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

12. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    I've grown to appreciate him more...That is, after knowing he's one of the Original 13. :drunk 

Botcon Alpha Trion still remains as one of my favourite rendition of that mold though.

13. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

I actually traded by Cybertron Vector Prime and Optimus to the Takara versions because the missing paint apps really DID bother me that much. The fact that they're the only toys I've gone to such a length with probably speaks miles.

14. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    I've got the spiffy gold/brown one and he hangs out with the "13 primes" along with Alpha Trion, Nexus Prime, and Logos Prime (being played by Universe Blaster), right where he belongs.

I also recently added RTS Strafe to the same shelf, as any dude that has a kick-ass mold and turns into a giant flying Autobot symbol probably belongs among the "13" until such time that we have 13 official toys and he can't placehold anymore ;) 

D/L

15. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

Esthetically vector prime doesn't fit perfectly in the classics line, but that's exactly why I do display him with my classics.

It kinda shows how ancient he is. He stands out, and his simple alt mode shows the progress of transformer evolution.

16. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    I've got a display that has Unicron with Galavatron and Nemesis Prime facing off Against Primus with Optimus and Megatron. behind each Supreme flanks the Fallen and Vector Prime.

17. G1 Milo

G1 Milo Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I actually bought a Vector Prime just to go with my all-Classics collection. Don't regret it a bit -- it's a great figure and will do until I someday find an Alpha Trion.

18. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I think he fits more with classics than he did with cybertron. After all, the whole idea was to make him stand out as an ancient, mysterious machine. Just like Sentinel Prime now, he evokes some sort of Knightly robot.

19. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

Vector Prime was the figure that got me back into collecting. That said, he's been sitting in my AEC box for ages. I don't really repurpose toys; like another poster said, they are what they are.

20. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Vector Prime, like my other Unicron Trilogy bots, are working quite well with my Classics. Energon Downshift was as well, until his replacement came along.

As others have said, Vector Prime is a GREAT toy, and his character fits him into any generation.