Vector Prime love, I just bought him

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by micah1199, Jun 4, 2009.

1. micah1199

micah1199 Well-Known Member

I just bought galaxy force vector prime and I have fallen in love. He is like an ancient cybetronian night. The design is sleek and the transformation is simple. He is one of the best in my opinion transformers that I have bought in along time. Does anyone else have some Vector love? He is my second favorite bot next to the the predaKING!

Micah1199

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Is this the Japanese version or the gold one from the end of the Cybertron line?

3. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow glad that you enjoy him. I only bought that mold in the Alpha Trion exclusive and I loved it. It fits the character perfectly. You should check that out.

4. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i have the white and the black 2.0 version..i really like them....tall and strong looking...much love

5. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Yeah, he's a great bot. The only thing I don't dig about him is that you can see the head in alt mode, but that's no biggie in comparison to the general awesomeness that this toy has!

If anyone is interested, I've got an extra original colored one and the gold-ish version from the end of Cybertron for sale...

6. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

Perhaps it was because I was collecting mainly Classics when I picked up VP, but I was less than thrilled with mine (when I still had it). I think it was the overly-simplistic transformation that really put me off. That and the floppy as shit plastic used for the sword and wings.

Thinking back now, though, it wasn't that bad of a figure and if I came across the gold-decoed Japanese version, I might pick it up. Can't say I loved the figure though. His minicon was pretty awesome though, had crazy articulation for a minicon.

7. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    I have just the white one for now, but I plan on getting the black one very soon. He is a very good mold.

8. micah1199

micah1199 Well-Known Member

I got the galaxy force japanese version. I might get the second us version that is I think gold in color.

9. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    DON'T The US version is vastly inferior, uses weaker plastic in the sword & wings.

10. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I have the original white Cybertron version. Very cool mold. I love the sword, cyber key, and both modes. Very good size for a Voyager too.

11. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    This was one of the surprises from the Cybertron line for me. I really ended up liking the figure. I now want to pick up the Alpha Trion version.

12. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I've got the 2nd US one (galaxy force gold/brownish and black)..and yeah, he's an awesome figure. So glad I finally got him after ignoring him in stores when I saw him...

13. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I have a lot of fondness for Vector Prime. It's a really nice mold with some great details and a cool Minicon. What i really like about him, though, is that he's the first TF toy I ever really customized. I added the missing paint to the wings and added in the missing paint details from the Takara release. Simple work, but he looks really nice now.

14. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    have you started to take paypal?

15. trystendaycey

trystendaycey Captain CAAAAAAVEMAAANNN!

Got my GF VP for 9.99 from Hasbro Toy Shop nearly 2 years ago....love the figure! Tf's with swoeds rule!

16. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

Yeah, I'm one of those folks who passed on VP for a LONG time, and I finally decided I wanted to try him out, so I bought a super cheap GFVP from ebay -- the second reelase in the tan and black.

I gotta say, I love this figure. I love the posability, I love the sculpt, I love the tiny molded details and the ratcheting joints and the proper humanoid proportions. I don't think I really need another one of this mold, but it's definitely worth owning at least one of, depending on your color preferences.

I'm in the process right now of using my collection of metallic paints to detail all of the gears and such, making him look totally clockwork -- it's going to be SO awesome when I get done. I can't wait!

17. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

Vector Prime is pure win, I love the mold a lot.

18. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Great toy especially the original Takara one, though most of Cybertron/Galaxy Force was pure win in my book.

19. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    very cool! i like mine a lot and for the size, he could be an ultra! he's just bad ass!

20. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have minded weaker plastic, but due to budget or the soft plastic being unpaintable, Hasbro's VP didn't have paint on the wing panels the way Takara's does and it looked horrible. Only time I can think of that I've gotten the Takara version instead of the Hasbro version. Had to go Takara for Starscream that toyline, too, since Hasbro only had the stupid huge one and the reverse-color one that came with the crappy Vector Prime.