Variety: Transformers 2 script not done pre-strike

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Alienbot, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117975064.html?categoryId=13&cs=1

"Not on the pre-strike list is "Transformers 2," a sequel that is still being written. Labor talks will determine whether the visual effects-heavy film makes its projected June 26, 2009, release date."

Well, I kinda felt this would have a 2010 release date. I don't mind, considering three years is pretty normal.

2. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i don't think it's that they couldn't get it ready on time, i tink it's because they want to take their time on the script for the second film so that it draws peopletowards the transformers mythology more than the last movie did. ( if the rejected proposal we saw proves anything. it proves this)

3. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly. Make films, not release dates.

4. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    Take your time writers, I can wait.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I agree. Take your time writing it, and make it as great as you can. I'd rather wait for a really good film, than be impatient and get a crappy film.

6. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    nooooo bugger
    i hate strikes
    but at least they can take their time with it

7. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    My only potential worry tho' is that the longer the gaps they leave during production, the more difficulties they may have picking up where they left off each time. Hence, perhaps there could be more inconsistencies.

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Tough to say just how long it will be now until production starts up. From the news articles it sounds like the disputes are fairly bitter and the writers don't plan to cave in any time soon.

On the plus side it's more time for the writers to mess around with ideas to see if they can't curb the complaints that the first movie was too light on Transformers lore and character. If a delay means a much better story for the second film then I can wait because while I'm old I'm not that old.

9. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Sucks that the strike effected this.

But I hope the strike works out for the best, did you know they don't even see a dime from internet distrobution that's paid for by ads or even itunes?
    You'd think that'd be a given as much as dvd residuals or VHS.

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    eh, there's nothing keeping the writers from thinking up ideas during the strike. they just cant do anything in an official capacity.

11. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Honestly, this is the best news I've heard in quite some time. I was getting very tired of hearing people hope that the writers could churn out the script for TF2 before the strike because that just seemed to be begging for low quality. This gives time for things to simmer in brain-pans, even if pens and keyboards aren't at work.

12. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I say we have a contest where fans write scripts, then we narrow them down to the 10 best* and submit them to Dreamworks.

Scabbing FTW!!!

*Best being the ones that would fit the movie universe the best. All fanwank scripts would be disqualified.

13. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    Unions are great but this is just one reason why they are so RETARDED. If you have a couple people who aren't exactly concerned with some of the issues regarding the strike, they still aren't allowed to carry on with their jobs.

14. AngusDF

AngusDF Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's actually not a bad idea. Seriously. Worst case scenario, it would be fun for us to read them. Best case scenario: some of the ideas will make it into the film.

TF1 was great, but the script was very poor. I hope the extra time means they'll come up with something better this time around.

15. hotrod93

hotrod93 Member

The good news is they have more time to work on the script. The bad news is there more of me :banghead: .

16. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

This may mean that more Classics 2/Universe figures will be created as a stop-gap measure!

Expect bizarre repaints.

17. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    At least the TF2 script will not be rushed. I'm more than willing to wait until Summer 2010 for a sequel.

18. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:

How can they not be concerned? Internet distrobution has ZERO residuals. That's 360, NBC.com, abc.com, hulu, iTunes and more. It's not like they even get stock options either.

In the coming years, that'll be more prevalent than even DVD sales. Like how DVD sales have boomed in comparison to VHS. And even home sales they haven't gotten the increase in over 20 years that they were promised as gradual. They seriously aren't asking for much, just what was already promised, or should be a natural given. I for one entirely support their reasons for the strike, and that's just being a rational minded creative mind myself not even associated to the guild.

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.c...a-meeting-amptp-says-no-progress-can-be-made/

It's seriously a wonder that this hasn't happened sooner, with the basic things they are asking for and have been denied, inspite of the fact it has been promised in the contract the first time around decades ago. Not to mention some of the healthcare options and pension options that have been denied to facets of the job.

From the sounds of all the various news outlets that have reported on the strike, it's been a unaminous decision also. While I for one would love to see TF2 in 2009, Hell no I'm not going to scab or even suggest it. Not till the 'measely' credit they ask for is given. This also hurts my dvd buying till this is settled, because I rather have the right amount given to the right people as opposed to still perpetuating that it's 'okay' to treat writers like this.

This doesn't even count Hollywoods attempt to prepare with the increase in projects too, they were going to attempt to have everything ready by the new year or june in case of the strike, striking now prevents that backlog of media for hollywood to sit on to wait out the strike like last time.

Hollywood had an increase from 65 projects, to over 100 in preparation for this. That tells me they don't even care, and were prepping to just sit it out till the writers were so strapped for cash they had to go back.

Instead, even Heroes is feeling the strike, with the Dec 3rd episode going to be the season finale if this isn't settled fast enough. Heroes Origins is already on the hold block till the strike is over, possibly to get the axe altogether.

19. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

I am so behind that

I would definitely participate

20. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    If we can get the mods behind it, I'd be happy to try my hand at it. Heck, I'd even be one of the judges to read and give my opinions on some. Somebody want to pitch the idea to someone? If it gets enough buzz, maybe Micheal Bay might actually see it.