Heavy/Scratch: Vantage Gunslinger figure

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Ramrider, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, the only reason I was wondering was because I was looking at Titanium Laserbeak and he's actually made entirely from plastic! I tried getting the measurements of the cassette and made a frenzy/rumble design, but when I tried to convert into 3d, I epic failed >.< May I ask what 3d program you use for modeling?

2. 808kalams

808kalams Wrecked

Ebay:
    Damn!!!!!! That's awesome in both modes. :bowdown: 

3. adconx2

adconx2 Cybertron

Ebay:
    My cliffjumper needs this! You take paypal?!!!

4. thedreaded1

thedreaded1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Alright, this is fucking AMAZING!!! I guess i'm starting the new year poor. lol

5. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have been eyeing this guy on shapeways for a while, im glad to see he is almost ready :D !

Also I must ask, where did you get that epic head for cliffy O_O?

6. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Man That would look awesome with Perceptor.

7. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

so is the one in the store right now the old design or the updated one with the tighter joints.

would love to support your works but want to make sure im getting the right one.

edig-oops sorry, just caught up on your other posts...ill wait till all 3 are ready for a gorup buy :) 

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  8. Cashanova

Cashanova Sons Of Unicron PTT

Dude that design is seriously genius! What software are you using?

9. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Thanks, everyone!

I do, but that wouldn't help you much. :p  This will be available via my Shapeways store (linky below) within a few days. And yes, they do take PayPal. :) 

Sorry... :redface2: 

Thanks. The head's just the stock one for the figure, with the horns filed down a bit, jowls sculpted with Green Stuff, and lightpiping made from hot glue. Here's his thread from a couple of years ago.

Yeah, the one in-store at the moment isn't for sale; I'm not releasing anything till I'm as confident as I can be that the design works properly. :) 

I'm using an old copy of AutoCAD at the moment (2000). Interesting info about Laserbeak, there; I'll have to have another look at the pics. I'd still be hesitant about designing them, though, since as I said, I've got no way to test that they do what they're supposed to, and at the moment I'm focusing more on the hexpods anyway.

10. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    cant wait to see who the third figure you got in your order is also something that would be awesome for you to do would be a targetmaster style shockwave and megatron

11. Suntzu28

Suntzu28 Well-Known Member

You already know where i stand RamRider but i must ask ...

Is there a better transformer under 3'' tall thats ever been created in the history of transforming toy robots?

Im serious. No sarcasm or hyperbole.

Anyone reading these words ask yourself: What Hasbro / takara or Tonka (GoBots of the 80's) mini robot have you seen thats superior? Compare the pics side by side of whatever comes to mind.

I swear i cant think of one. Not ONE.

Im not one to issue praise if it isnt due but in this case its beyond due. LOOK at the images, think about your personal Transformers collection and ask yourself: What do you own thats superior to this?

12. nemisispringer

News Credits:
    Thats probably beause to HAS/TAK size= low budget/cheap so adding poseability or transformation would make them too expensive no mom is gonna pick there kids up a £8 little figure they are just gonna brake/loose or not be able to transform

13. Suntzu28

Suntzu28 Well-Known Member

I agree that the "perceived value" of a "small" figure probably stopped Hasbro/Takara and other companies from creating a smaller transformer with increased pose ability early on but in recent years i.e. the last 7 years to a decade there has been no excuse to not give us this level of poseability and play value in a smaller figure at an attractive price.

You can purchase action figure snap kits for less than $10. MARS Heroes (Cybertronix), 4 inch robot action heroes that are practically ball and joint snap kits sold for $1 at retail.

$1 . Brand New In Box. Some people went ape **** over these .
    They sell for between $2 and $4 now.

Legends Class TF figures with ball joint limbs sell for $10 near me.

All of that adds up to seeing Ramriders figures being the best Transformers moment since the 1986 Movie for me .

14. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    I would say easily the best 3rd party design so far!!!!

15. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Thanks, all! :D 

I agree with this to some extent, but to be honest, a lot of the figs I'm designing (granted, Vantage is an exception) are barely any more complex design-wise than, say, a PCC Minicon, many of which are balljointed up the wazoo. So theoretically at least, it can't be that much of an issue from a budget standpoint...

16. nemisispringer

News Credits:
    I dunno look at the diffrance between PCC minicons and armada minicons pcc minicons have one transformation joint if any and then they tend to just reuse the articulation joints to transform

Armada micons on the other hand are all about transformation its much easier to engineer joints if the figure doesnt have to change in to a vehcile i think hasbro hadnt found a way to effectvley do it and work it into the budget untill PCC and even then i think the minicon gets bareley any of budget at all

Kids just would never go for it legends for example are pricey enough without working extra joints in there and i doubt they would sell a weapon without a partner figure

17. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    just curious, how does the shapeway product's ball joints (that small) hold up? I know with resin, something this small will crack easily. heck, I even had many QC issues with PerfectEffect's shadow warrior's ball joints, I am guessing these will be about the same size. That's the only thing I am skeptical about. Even the BEST casting stuff out there is fragile and gets brittle over time

18. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Well, obviously I can't speak about the really long term, but I've got early WSF test figs from as far back as early August with exactly the same design of joints (4mm diameter balls, 3mm diameter shaft), and they're showing absolutely no sign of problems. It's laser-sintered nylon, and it appears that once it's fused by the laser it's tough as owt. I've done some minor pressure-testing on my earliest prints, trying to bend the ball shafts with thumb pressure, that sort of thing, and haven't had a breakage yet.

19. KRZTFR

KRZTFR Well-Known Member

Well looks like need to buy one or two more Jazz's to repaint into Richete/Stepper when these release...

20. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    Here you go :D  This could be a paint-app I might wanna try ;) 

[​IMG]

Attached Files: