Heavy/Scratch: Vantage Gunslinger figure Part 2: Painted and Available!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Ramrider, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    OH HELL YEAH!! He's gonna need some kinda 1920's Gangster fedora! lol

2. Insecticons

Insecticons The different Kitbasher

GOD , thats epic! BTW , How much more coming from you ? :3

3. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I reckon if I buy one he will be unpainted right? I prefer to paint them myself.

Looks great by the way!

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

:lol  Nice idea - I don't plan to make them too -- actually I can't think of the word, but something like "specific" -- so odds are he'll have a reasonably generic (but hopefully still distinctive) head. That said, I may have a go at modelling a fedora head and throw it in as a bonus part if it works! ;) 

Hopefully, a lot. I've got at least seven other Gunslingers planned (that I can think of), and I doubt that'll be the end of them. Plus there's the hexpods, and various other projects I've got on the go. :) 

Thanks! Yeah, they're supplied unpainted, fresh off the printer. You can get them pre-dyed if you want (at the moment in black, red, green and blue), but that costs a little extra. Personally I just prefer to buy the white ones, since I know I'll be painting them anyway. :) 

5. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He looks even more awesome painted, the shots with Straxus are priceless! Can't wait to get hands on a few of these and give them a nice detailed and texture-filled finish!

D/L

6. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Thanks. :)  I'm working on touching up his finish at the moment, including giving him a less glossy topcoat, which should help fill out his pores a bit more, and also improve his photogenicity. :p 

7. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Looking super awesome there :thumb 

Gotta ask though, are you going to be doing a version with the 5mm peg/3mm clip hybrid that you did for Salvo? Because if you are I'll hold off until that is available.

And Tommy Gun there is looking freaking amazing, a gangster fedora gets my vote as well :D 

8. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

It's Dustup that has the clip combo at the moment (so he can mount onto Scourge, mostly); Salvo's is a fixed 5mm peg (with a 2.2mm hole, just in case ;) ). I wasn't planning on doing the clip for Vantage, though I suppose I could. If I were to do that, since the handle's on a separate mount anyway (so it folds onto the back for robot mode), it'd probably be easiest to supply three optional mounts, one as is, one with the clip mounted vertically and one with it horizontally. Does that sound like something people would go for?

9. Kraken

News Credits:
    D'oh, I knew I had the wrong Gunslinger!

If there's a way you can offer the different pegs without messing up your current CAD's then I say go for it. I'm going to be buying all these guys as soon as I've got the disposable anyway, but for some who are undecided it might be worth it as a bonus extra selling point (not that you really need one since the figures are so awesome, but every little helps)

Of course, I could just be saying that because I'm so madly in love with the 3mm clip system ;) 

10. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Heh. I must admit, I'm kinda digging the clips myself (I love how Dustup looks mounted under Breacher's arm, or on Straxus' shoulder ;) )
    Backlash is also guaranteed to have a clip option too, so he can be mounted on Kup's roof.

It won't mess up my CAD files at all; all I'd need to do is duplicate the handle mount a couple of times, chop off the handles, fit the clips and add the new mounts to the sprue. Doddle. It'll add a few cents to the price of the figure (not sure how much offhand, but should be less than a dollar), but hopefully it's worth it for the extra functionality it'll provide.

11. benclark1982

benclark1982 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Please let us know when the new handle with the 3mm clip is ready for purchase, i would love to have this guy for Kup (when i finaly get him).

12. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Couldnt you just offer both handle conversion parts seprateley is seems a waste to buy the part with the kit which makes it cost more just to throw it away

13. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

It's a tricky one. Thing is, the handle mount is tiny, and a couple of extras would barely add any cost to the base figure. But there's a start-up fee included in WSF prints, which would actually mean that to buy the add-on kit as a separate purchase would probably cost about three times as much as if they were just part of the set to begin with (that is, adding the handles to the model should add less than a dollar in extra material; to buy an extra model with the two extra handles would cost an extra two to three). At least if the handles are included as standard, they're there if you change your mind... :p 

14. Kraken

News Credits:
    Awesome sauce! Make it so, number 1 :D 

15. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im ok with that its a pretty cool feature really i just want to make sure your not distracted so you can get all those delicous homage targetmasters ready for printing:drool:  my blurr is in the mail now and kup and scourge arent far off from release i cant wait lol

16. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I've updated the model file with the clips now; basically the model now includes three different handle mounts instead of just the one, and you can just clip the one you want onto the hinge. As I suspected, it cost less than 65 cents to add the extra pieces.

17. benclark1982

benclark1982 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice work, cant wait to get one.

18. KNOOM842

KNOOM842 Ultra Con

Great idea And these ,All of your target masters will be some of my first shapeways orders.

19. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    just got the email from UPS - my order will be delivered monday!! can't wait to get my hands on these guys :D 

20. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Yay! Hope you enjoy them - and I want to see pics when they're painted! :D