Value of 1/60 Yamato DYRL VF-1A Hikaru

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Methusalen, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    Hello, I'm thinking about selling off a Valkyrie & armor set. I originally paid $110 for it (from a friend, who'd purchased it off Ebay, so I paid for the item, shipping, and he probably got a cut for himself (he's an ass like that)).

Anyways, it's a "Do You Remember Love?" 1/60th scale VF-1A Hikaru Ichijo Valkyrie...
    [​IMG]
    The item has been opened, transformed, and displayed (in various configurations) for the last 6 months...

Also, I have the GBP Armor set for the VF-1 series...
    [​IMG]
    Also, opened, and has been displayed on the figure above...

Anyways, I've recently purchased a G1 Jetfire, and LOVE that figure, and am looking to pick up a e Bandai reproduction of the Takatoku figure Jetfire's based off... In other words, while the figure's lovely, I have fallen out of love with it... (That and I'm tired of the damned legs falling off in Gerwalk mode!)

Anyways, I thought I'd attempt to put it up on Ebay, and am curious to know if anyone has an idea of the proper price ranges (togeather and/or seperate) of the two items...

I have seen a few completed Ebay auctions, where a VF-1A (brown) and the armor set were packaged together for $80+$8.50s&h, the same Valk as mine go for $50+$10s&h, and the armor is sold by a Honk Kong retailer for $15+$20s&h...

Also, would it be worth trying my hand on the Junkion Exchange?

Oh, these pictures aren't mine, I'm leeching them off of other sites for the time being, of course before I sell them I'll take pictures of the actual merchandise... :lol :
    Thanks for your help in advance, I really appreciate it!

2. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are they actually selling at that price or are they just listed for that much? On Macrossworld you're probably looking at $30-40 for the VF-1A and about $25-$30 for the GBP armor. Original retail for those was about $60 and $40 respectively, but the 1/60 market is seriously depressed right now because of the 1/48s.

3. Methusalen

News Credits:
    I'm aware of that, it's a shame really, I might have liked the 1/48th scale figs... And, as for the prices, I had checked the other day, and I assume that it was correct... I posted another thread like this over at Seibertron.com, but it appears that they've having an issue with their forums, as all the old posts have been wiped away... So I can't (easily) verify my links... sorry!

4. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Presuming those are MISB, I'd say you'd be lucky if you could get $100 for them. Although I think you're probably looking more around $90 plus shipping. I sold a bunch of my 1/60 valks over Christmas and my VF-1A Hiky fetched about $25 (MIB, not MISB). So yeah, I think $100 is probably about it.

5. Methusalen

News Credits:
    Alas, they are opened, but in very good condition... So, I probably won't be getting the $100... But, we'll see what happens!