Valk pic needed

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Zero Prime, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Ok Macross collectors. I've seen a lot of pics of the Masterpiece Volume 6 Jack Archer YF-1R, yeah I know, get a 1/48, but I can't afford one of those. Anyway, in some of the pics it's this wierd brown purple color and white. In other pics it's dark grey with light grey. I want it if it's the second, but if it's the first I'm going to get the Miriya VF-1J.

Would someone with this Valk post a pic and tell me what color it really is.

2. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    whats macross

3. Zero Prime

Does anyone have pics?

4. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    :google 

5. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    grrrrr...man that always tickes me off! I better go calm down

6. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think it's just the lighting playing tricks... I mean, the Macross fanbase would be screaming bloody murder if Jack's VF-1R was brownish purple... But then again, this is Toynami... My advice??? Wait and see if Yamato will make a VF-1R...:p 

7. Zero Prime

Ehh, I went ahead and ordered the Miriya VF-1J instead. I think the red looks better than the grey, plus it was cheaper. Now if I could only find the armor. Any suggestions there?

8. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Well now that you got Miriya, you will have to get Max...:lol 

I thought the Masterpiece line comes with armor???

9. Zero Prime

Nope, you have to get that seperate. It does come with the missiles and stuff though. But I do plan on getting Max. It was a tough choice between those 2.

10. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Shoulda gone with the Yamato VF-1J Max and Miriya then!!! That is, of course, if you have $500 to spare...:p 

11. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    :cry 

You know what? I dont really care! And yes you'd better.

12. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Wow Ryan, is that really you that just said that???:lol 

13. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

I just want to say one thing: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Yamato is the cat's pijamas man. Toynami figs are the lepers of the Macross world. But I suppose whatever floats your boat... and yeah, Toynami is cheaper.... but still :p 

What he lacks in every-day viciousness he makes up for with enthusiasm.

14. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

15. Zero Prime

Thanks CM for the armor pics.

16. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    On the topic of Yamato what’s the preferred scale? 1/60, 1/48? Not that I have a Bandi I want more and am thinking about checking out a Yamato.

And what are the TV hands I have seen people talk about? I have seen the same figure in boxes facing different directions, dose this denote a difference in the toy?

17. Zero Prime

I hear the 1/48 are the best, if you can afford them. The 1/60 turned me off because they have to be taken apart to transform, but they are a lot cheaper. You can get them at Gundamstoreandmore for a really good price.

18. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    All I keep hearing is that the Yamato 1/48's are the best of the best when it comes to buying Macross. I dont really know all about them much either (except for Bandai's stuff which despite it's G1 style limitations are still pretty awesome), but that's pretty much what I'm hearing from the Macross fanbase. I have a 1/48 Miria VF-1J Valkyrie on the way so I'm going to see for myself how it stacks up. Over Christmas I saw a lot of my bro CDN's collection of Valk goodies and the 1/48's seemed damn impressive to me. I know for a fact the 1/60's are smaller and lower quality but nothing beyond that really. As for the Toynami, again all I kep hearing is how bad they are, I dont think I've ever heard any praise about them in the slightest.

19. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

1/48 is the way to go. I have something like eight 1/60ths though, and they really aren't bad if you can tolerate breaking off the legs to transform them. The 1/48s just offer a whole lot more. Better posability, better incorporation of gimmicks, even the heat shield is built in, better posing, etc, etc, etc.

As for the TV hands that people talk about, the 1/48s all come with a set of "small" hands, that are very, VERY tiny looking. Some of them come with a second set of hands that are fat and poofy, and look more like what you'd have seen on the TV versions. Frankly, I don't like either version, and haven't even put the TV hands on my VF-1J. The smaller hands are so-so looking, but the big hands are just overly large looking.

Really, the hands are the only negative about the 1/48s, and there are people out there who have made better hands and sell theme here or there, or you can make your own if you know how to work with styrene strips and pins.

20. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

1/60's have die-cast, and have a more animated style look. They are nice, but not nearly as nice as a 1/48. The cool thing is that the 1/60's can be had for pretty cheap now-a-days. They also require you to remove the legs in transformation.

The 1/48 TV hands are just bloated PVC hands that create a more animated look. The regular hands are more skeletal, but unlike the TV hands they don't have to be removed to transform into jet mode. I prefer the PVC hands on my display.

I really have nothing positive to say about the Toynami's. They look like skinnier versions of the original 1/55, but with KO plastic. For the money get a 1/60, it is nicer.

SW.ca, you'll love the Miriya. It was my first 1/48, and the red really pops on the shelf.