Vac-Man Factory. very rare?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by ANDROID PRIME, Jun 10, 2010.

1. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Posted this on toyark and got no replys. maybe my fellow transformers fans cna shed more light on this for me.

With the Stretch Armstrong movie being developed. I figured people might become interested in those toys again. Well I bought this set off of ebay a while ago called the Vac-man factory. The writing is in a foreign language I cant find any info on it anywhere. no pictures. no reviews. nothing. I'm thinking I might have something very rare here. I was wondering if anyone has ever seen or heard of this set? Thanks
    [​IMG]

2. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

not really too rare, but u never know who u might find to buy it. ebay is ur best bet, id say you could expect at least 20-30 bucks for it if enough people are looking.

3. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Or you could get a couple hundred dollars if only one person is really looking.

Cool stuff though.

4. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not really looking to sell it. I'm looking to see if anyone else has ever heard of it or can find anything about it online. I've tried and cant find a single thing about it.

5. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I've got one, but I can't comment on its rarity.

6. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

I have one of those, got boring after I made all the men and did the vacuum thing a couple of times.

7. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    This was released in the US in an English box as well. It's harder to find than, say, the 90's Stretch Armstrong or Vac-Man, but how rare is hasn't made it that valuable. I think the last MISB one on eBay ended around $40 or $50, which is less then the other 2 characters I mentioned.

8. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Zombie Thread? No. Most informative post in this thread thus far? Ehh maybe.

Years and years ago I got one of these for Christmas after seeing it previewed in a ToysRus catalog.

Basically it's from an offshoot of the mid-90's Stretch-Armstrong toyline.

As toys, the vac men were floppy rubber/balloon type toys filled with some type of grain or bridseed. When the air was sucked out of the figures through their heads by a hand pump, they became vacuum sealed and cold hold a pose or be stretched and hold that stretched form(thanks to their bubber/baloon-type material bodies). On their heads were either a switch, a post, or an inner release mechanism that required the pump to activate, all of which would allow air back in. This could be done in small spurts to make the figures less sturdy or fullly released to "poof" them back into floppyness. They came in many different shape styles, allowing some to have poseable "fingers", "tentacles", or "tails." They could also hold weapon accessories, wear armor/weapons, or for the larger versions of them, actually house gimmicks inside their torsos.

The Vac-Men were Stretch-Armstrong's heroic answer to his arch nemesis, the evil Vac-Man. They were the "Intergalactic Vac-Pack". There were originally 3 heroes, one red guy, one yellow guy (<one of those guys has the fingers), and one green guy(has a tail). These 3 were then repainted with "elemental themes" and added gimmicks. Red had a lava theme, yellow had (I THINK) an electrical theme, and green was recolored with a baby blue/white mix to have an ice theme. Between my two cousins, they owned all 6 of those guys. A friend of mine also owned a stretch armstrong and his dog sidekick. I only owned the big Vac-Man and the Vac factory.

The factory toy itself came with pairs of randomly assorted weapons that would peg into their black collar pieces, colored heads, and bodies that were each attacjed to a black collar piece, but I vaugely remember the bodies matching the heads color-wise so you didn't wind up with guys who had green heads and red bodies or mismatched weapons. But you would wind up with parts for 2 red guys, 3 green guys, 1 orange guy, etc.

The overall operation of making a vac-man involved filling his empty rubber body with the grain/seed, then clamping down his head over the open hole on the black plastic collar, and finally attaching the pair of weapons to his shoulders via the collar. You could then pump all the air out of his body, which would allow him to be stretched and hold poses. To return him to his previous floppy state, all it took was a simple squeeze of the cylindrical peg that jutted out the top of his head. And that's pretty much it.

As for the toys themselves, they were not as stretchable as their larger counterparts, nor were they as long-lasting. I remember losing some of my vac men to their bodies actually coming loose from their black plastic collar pieces or having holes put into their thin rubber bodies from poking into their own shoulder weapons. If you decide to use them, make sure the rubber bodies haven't dried up or else you'll end up with something like this:

Attacked... By The Vac-Pack! by The Mad Bubbler - Brought To You By Carl's Jr. on Myspace

Also, don't stretch them too thin. Be gentle with them.

Here is a website that may help you. I haven't had time to look through all of it yet, but it seems this place would know anything and everything pertaining to the Stretch Armstrong family of toys and other toys with that related gimmick:

STRETCH ARMSTRONG WORLD