VA Recruitment for Shattered Glass Trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by artoni, Sep 2, 2009.

1. artoni

artoni Fangirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ahead of time: If this is the wrong forum to post this in, apologies to the mods, move as needed, please wait 30 minutes after eating before going in the pool.

Anyway. For the past couple of months, I've been assembling people to work on a fan trailer of the Shattered Glass series - specifically, the BotCon comic. I've got it written using lines straight from said comic, I've got an artist on board (who has some wonderful work I am ever so happy :D ), and possibly someone to do some custom music for it as well. What I don't have...are voice actors to fill the roles. I've been putting off posting on here because I am a lazy person, but lo and behold! I am not and have assembled a sort of try out sheet.

Basically, what I need for anyone interested in helping are voice clips of them, well, trying out. If you already have a voice demo, PM it to me. If you have a mic, record yourself reading the lines (with the voice direction) and upload/email the files to me. If you get the part, same deal; record the lines, send them to me, I'll be pretty much organizing the music/voices/art into a final product. (Though if anyone has any suggestions on a vocoder, that would be wonderful.)

As for the try out sheet itself...

I had some youtube clips to use as samples/examples, but I'd rather not clog up the thread. PM me if you want them.

Disclaimer: this is not a paid project. You will not get compensation, other than your name on the credits and hugs if I ever see you. Ideally, this trailer would be entered in the BotCon video contest of 2010. If it places, ok, awesome, I have no idea how show dollars work. If not, hopefully people will still like the hard work everyone's put into it.

Depending on how quickly this is done and how well it turns out, there may be another call for more characters - optimistically, I'd like to do a total of three trailers. This one here is the 'main'; the other two would focus on Autobots/Dungeons & Dinobots/Do-Over + Decepticons/Eye in the Sky/Blitzwing Bop respectively. Though that's a while ahead, seeing as Blitzwing Bop isn't even out. :) 

If you have any questions, let me know and I'll do my best to answer them. I think I've covered all the main bases, though, aside from the fact I know a few people have expressed interest but only a few of those have given me actual samples to listen to. So for all intents and purposes, consider all positions open. As I assign parts, I'll make notes of such.