V: Could it really happen?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jul 28, 2009.

?

Could it really happen?

1. Yes, it seems a very real possibility these days that 'visitors' could be integrated so completely.

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. No, it seems an unlikely possibility these days that 'visitors' could be integrated so completely.

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. We'd probably blow them to dust before they landed, sparking our first interstellar war.

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

With the news of a 'V' motion picture series in the works by Kenneth Johnson, the mini serie's creator and original director/writer, who also created the popular 'Hulk' series starring Bill Bixby, I watched the original 'V' the other day and thought a bit about it.

Although it is basically a study/commentary/cautionary tale on Fascism/The Third Reich, it has another interesting idea - would the human race blindly embrace an alien species, especially one so similar to ourselves, and be suddenly and without warning conquered through assimilation with the alien race, its military, jurisdictions and such?
    I think its very possible that a crafty species like those featured could exploit humanity's good will. It could even happen innocently - all of a sudden we find we are no longer in full control fo our world and we can't fix it.

Thoughts?

2. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

I sincerely doubt we'd accept any sort of extra-terrestrial species with open arms. For the exact reason that we'd be afraid of a potential take over, which, if they have the technology to actually make it here, would be a good possibility. We'd just blow them away, or attempt to.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    No, it couldn't. Not any more anyway; we're all way too paranoid.

4. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Very paraphrased/abbreviated/abridged version of my line of thought.

5. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Given the prejudices that a vast majority people have towards (at least some) other members of the same species from the same planet, I can't see humanity easily embracing another race from a whole different world.

6. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

You can't exploit what isn't there.

7. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

Good point. What about, 'sense of wow'? :D