Utah Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by luke skywalker, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Chromia76

Chromia76 Well-Known Member

Nice! I don't have any reason to go that far south (I live in Davis County and only go as far as Murray for anything). I'm hoping to see Shuffler and Repugnus up north sometime, as well as the Wave 4 Deluxes, which I've never seen at retail.

2. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    No problem. I didn't even notice Shuffler and Repugnus, I may have to go back and snag them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Picked up RID Skywarp, Soundwave and Blur from the Orem Target today. I had them price match the 20% off coupon that is in this weeks TRU flyer, oh yeah!
    They had one TR Voyager Blunderbuss & Broadside. The cashier gave me the 20% off on it too, wahoo!
    I'm not sure what his casemate is, but they were all sold out with my purchase.

4. Chromia76

I thought he was packed in a case by himself, meaning no previous wave Voyagers were in with him. I could absolutely be wrong about that, but I never remember hearing that he'd be packed with another figure.

• Like Like x 1
  5. InfinitePuddle

InfinitePuddle Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, pretty sure Broadside's only wavemate is himself. Also, looks like Orem Target restocked - I got one, and there were still three more there.

6. Chromia76

And after that.....found 4 Broadsides at SL Target (10th South 3rd West) late Sunday night. Still 3 left after I got mine. Also got the only RiD Skywarp.

7. Deductor

Deductor Hubris Repellent

Shoot. I would love to snag a Broadside. No funding to do so.

8. Chromia76

He's showing up everywhere. Found another 4 at Ft. Union Target. 1st time they've stocked anything new in weeks, if not a couple of months.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Deductor

Looking for a broadside in salt lake area

10. Deductor

Found broadside along with Rid Skywarp and Blurr @ Walmart on 104th and bangerter. I'm surprised less fans have decided to help other fans with sightings, recently. Ty excellion and chromia for the help

11. gabumon

gabumon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I keep my expectations low and then I'm pleasantly surprised if people are able to share with they've seen. Toy hunting and sighting is pretty frivolous and costly thing to do. it takes a lot of gas driving around, and takes time out of your schedule, and sometimes people just get busy with regular life.
    peoples personal opinions of the current figures also affects whether they go out searching for them. for example I'm not really doing much looking now because I have all the figures I want, not that there's anyone else in logan that's on the thread. ;) 
    toy sighting is a kindly service that I see as a gift with no expectations.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Deductor

Understood to the letter. I've met about a half dozen members in the past week that was very nice and if you're going out specifically for toys then it can be costly for sure. If that's the "only" reason you go to a store. I won't drive everywhere for toys and that's what I appreciate , not really expect, well yeah lol I expect people to share . What I find as a pleasant surprise is something I'm looking for gets spotted and it still happens to be there. I'm fairly low-brow and foresee I will continue to offend some from time to time. High school popularity mentality, worries who may see the toy you posted in sightings, etc., I miss certain things that I enjoy dissecting when people post in our state thread. Long winded haha
    Broadside, sky shadow, Rid Soundwave spotted at a couple targets in the salt lake county. Old news for everyone I suppose.

Ok thanks again, bistro

13. gabumon

gabumon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The last knight turbo changers and one step changers are at Logan Smiths Marketplace. If barricade had more paint I might pick him up.

14. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    I used to work where I was always driving from one client appointment to another and could stop at all the shops here n there. I have been in a desk job for the last 5 years or so and don't get nearly as much opportunity to go TF hunting. I miss it, to be honest. It's fun to go to several locations and find nothing and then walk into a freshly restocked aisle and find several new figs, and then you get to compare which ones have the best paint apps! haha. Anywho, buying online is easy and has it's own shipping costs, but still it's likely cheaper than the time/gas money put out for the hunter. But I return a lot of tf's cuz the quality is not at all consistent and I don't like returning things bought online.

So, I don't post as much as I used to, since I don't get out as much. Plus, seems like the last few years it's turned into much more of a crap load of new stuff all at once and then nothing for months. Where, back when I got back into tf collecting, 2006 to about 2010, there seemed to be a fairly constant stream of new stuff. Movie stuff, tf Animated toys, Universe 2.0, they all overlapped and the shelves seemed to always have something new. Hunting was sooo much more fun and exciting back then.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Corgsopal

Corgsopal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Rodimus wave, Broadside and a bunch of heads at downtown Smith's.

16. Chromia76

Any Wave 4 heads?

17. Deductor

Completely agree. I have a terrible habit of saying things that come out "bitchy" or whatever. Lol. Finding a toy in store you've been hunting for I'm sure falls in line with that high so many people chase. So fantastic lol

18. InfinitePuddle

InfinitePuddle Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Two Soundwaves, one Broadside, and a whole bunch of Mindwipes and a couple other wave 2 guys at Saratoga Springs Wal-Mart. Also two RID Blurrs, a masked Windblade, and a Skywarp. Also as a heads up, that store is apparently ending their price match policy - something to be aware of if you're hoping to get some bots price matched there.

19. Chromia76

Kind of big news. TRU West Valley is closing, and they're having a big sale. Transformers are all 25% off right now.

As of around 3pm, there are still 2 Galvatrons, 2 Fortress Maximii (around $113 with the discount) a handful of Scourges, a Hardhead and a Chromedome, as well as a handful of RiD Legion figures (Optimus, Grimlock, Starscream, Springload), one steps, and other assorted stuff. Get at it!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chromia76

Also, all sales are final, so they're marking out the Barcodes with black marker.