USPS Tracking sucks!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Matrix Soul, May 24, 2007.

1. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    I got some items being shipped to me via USPS, it's been 3 days and all I got from the tracking number is "Acceptance" I guess I've been spoiled by UPS, but why call it tracking if it doesn't actually track the package?

2. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I've had times where USPS updates the day I get the package or updates everyday with the correct information. Whenever I've sent stuff through Paypal's postage printing it doesn't update till the day someone gets the item or the day after. Its just hit or miss and I usually only use it if my package doesn't arrive.

3. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    I have never gotten USPS tracking to actually work. Ever.

4. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    UPS ftw.

It may cost more, but it's better.

5. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

The only place they call it tracking to my knowledge is the website, where it's "track and confirm". It is admittedly a stupid idea to call it that there, because all USPS does is update status changes, like "delivered" or "refused". They don't scan and update each package at each processing center and truck along the way like UPS. Too many people misunderstand that and equate Delivery Confirmation with actual tracking. It is not and isn't intended to be.

6. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Yeah, I watched the USPS tracking for days waiting for a package. The first update I got after "accepted" was "Attempted to deliver and failed" or something like that. My wife had missed the mailman on a Friday so I couldn't get my stuff until Monday. I won't check ever again.

7. rhodium1977

rhodium1977 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Better yet if they never scan the barcode, meaning I receive the package check the website still "not Delivered", check again a week later just for pure thrill and by gosh still in transit! USPS are overpriced by leaps and bounds in the service they provide. If I ship something from Orange County to San Diego County Priority Mail (Counties are right next to each other), it will take USPS two days to deliver it. Using UPS Ground it would be next day guaranteed. It takes the same time to get to my house from San Diego as it does someone sending something to me from St. Louis Missouri. Go Figure!

8. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

usps is so horrible about updating

9. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anything is better then being at work and on your break checking online for Fedex tracking, only to read that it was delivered and your multi hundred dollar order is sitting outside your apartment door for anyone to take. I got home and it was still there, but that was a lot of stress some ignorant bliss would have eleviated.

10. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Whenever I use USPS tracking ti seems the information never updates until after I have the package.

Frickin useless.

11. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Like it has already been said: it's not a tracking number, people, it's simply a delivery confirmaton # and it is actually very useful. It can actually be used as a tracking # if a package has not shown up after a period of time. In fact, I have had USPS track down where a particular package was to the postal room itself in a state very far from me all via the DC#. Use it. If you want actual tracking, send something via EMS to international destinations.

No package I now send does not not have a DC# and USPS has yet to lose anything I have received/sent from all over the U.S. and the world. Use them. Just have a bit of patience. :)  Besides knowing where the package is at any given time due to being impatient/excited (I presume), why do all of you want the DC# to show where it is? It'll get there when it gets there. A bit frustrating, yes, but you paid for it and it's not a true tracking #. Also, from time to time, I have actually had it register where my package was as it traveled across the U.S., but, yes, this is rare. I just don't get the anger. I think it's misdirected/misguided.

UPS, Fed-Ex, and DHL have all lost my business for one reason or another over time. The numerous things they've done to me have all been quite frustrating from leaving high-end merchandise on my doorstep in plain sight in my not-so-great neighborhood to persistently badgering me over a $7 bill that I paid at the store with my credit card and they say I didn't (long stupid story). Oh, and I just remembred the time that I had some of them say they delivered a package and swore up and down, but I came home 2 hours after it supposedly came and...nothing! Bah!

12. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Fed Ex ppl cant seem to actually know what an address is, I got two packages on the same day via Fed Ex, one was delivered no problem, the other which came from Fun Pub, they said it was an invalid address and had it sitting at there office which I wouldnt have known if I hadnt emailed FP about the tracking on it, freaking morons.

13. seven

Fed Ex left my $1,000 tv and my wifes $200 order setting on my porch together. They just now dropped off some stuff and dropped it very violently, good thing it was bedding. UPS left my MP Voltron setting on my porch but I never got it, luckily the store I ordered it from sent me another overnight at no charge. USPS actually just leaves a note if I'm not home saying it'll be delivered the next day or I can pick it up after time X.

I have a negative on my ebay feedback because I shipped through USPS using Paypal's label printing. I printed it Sunday night after work at about 11pm, she emailed me Monday evening saying I was scamming her because I shipped it Sunday (which can't even be done) and the USPS system had no records of the shipping number. I told her to calm down and that in my experience it won't actually update until the day of or after that she gets the package and left a note on the feedback I left her. She ended up with it on Wednesday and Wednesday evening the information was updated.

14. seven

double

15. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, it's track and confirm because they offer both. Tracking is not Delivery Confirmation, and vice versa. Both do exactly what their names say, and you check both with the same tool, hence, "track and confirm".

16. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Wait a sec., they offer tracking on national shipping? I'm guessing it's the high-end stuff like overnight, perhaps? Never checked 'cause I'm a cheap bastard for the most part.

17. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    The reason why I would like a more detailed info is because I hate missing a package, if I get the slip to go pick it up at the post office, it equals to a day and however many hours waiting in line for some slow moving dude to TRY to track down my parcel. So if there was a more detailed tracking, I can actually make sure that I'll be home on the day when it's being delivered or arrange for some alternative options. i.e. if I see UPS tracking that says out for delivery on any given day, I can be sure that around 4:00 - 6:00 that same day I will get the package.