USPS Incompetence.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by exomega255, Apr 15, 2011.

1. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I shipped a package to Montana on this Monday, via Priority. Below are the records on tracking:

Processed through Sort Facility, April 13, 2011, 5:16 pm, SAN JOSE, CA 95101
    Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, April 11, 2011, 7:43 pm, BETHPAGE, NY 11714
    Bullet Electronic Shipping Info Received, April 11, 2011

My rant:

Why is it still not there yet for priority? This is the 15th, I shipped at 11th on pick up. And why is it going to Cali first? Does that even make sense? x.x

Anyone have an opinion on this?

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    My opinion is it's one of the busiest mailing days of the year outside of the Christmas rush.

3. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

They have main shipping hubs and all parcels go through these channels regardless. I had a package shipping to me a few weeks back from WN, it shipped from there to Buffalo (where I live) directly. Then after it got to Buffalo got shipped to Syracuse and back to Buffalo the same night. Syracuse was the sorting facility/hub. Seems to be what happened to you as well.

4. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I was reading this and was thinking "wtf is he talking about", and then I realized its tax day, but isn't tax day, delayed to the 18th as the last day?

5. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Yes it is!

6. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Things move quicker over the weekend. I've had packages from Cali mailed to me on Friday and I got them on Monday. Sometimes it takes a bit. I wouldn't call it incompetence. USPS does a great job for the most part.

7. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    You want to know what's even more funnier??? I received my package today on hand, I opened it and it's displaying on my shelf and went back to check USPS on the delivery confirmation and here's what it still reflects...

Expected Delivery Date: April 16, 2011 ... (Umm it's the 15th today? :sly: )

Processed through Sort Facility, April 15, 2011, 4:48 am, DULLES, VA 20101
    Processed through Sort Facility, April 13, 2011, 7:57 pm, RENO, NV 89510
    Acceptance, April 13, 2011, 2:11 pm, DAYTON, NV 89403
    Electronic Shipping Info Received, April 13, 2011

LOL! :lol  :crazy: 

8. AutobotLackey

AutobotLackey Member

The last few time I've used the delivery confirmation service w/ usps it has been pretty much useless. Several occasions when I have entered the 20 digit code it would say there was no record of this code/package. What actually happened was the clerk forgot to scan the bar code on the delivery confirmation slip.:rolleyes2  So anymore you never really know, you just hope it gets there which is b.s.

9. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

It's hit or miss and always has been. I'll get things and the system says their at the sort facility.

10. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    That's the problem. I paid extra sometimes for that tracking

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I've never had an issue with them. In the end, as long as the package gets to it's destination undamaged, I'm happy.

12. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I see this a lot, people speaking of Delivery Confirmation as tracking, and commenting on how the tracking is way behind reality, non-existant, incomplete, etc.

Something to keep in mind with oddities in Delivery Confirmation: Delivery Confirmation is NOT tracking. You may get that benefit more often than not, to some degree, but it is neither designed nor intended to be a real-time tracking service of any sort. The name it has is a full description of the service it is intended to provide, and the USPS information on the service explains what it is clearly.

13. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I don't expect it to be real time, Sidecutter, but I think, updating when arriving/leaving a place, would be nice. As such, my tracking says that on the 13th it arrived, and its the mid day of 15th and still have not moved.

I am pretty confident that it will "make it there". Its just a bit of a disappointment that it took about a week.

14. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    I understand, I'm just pointing out that the service you are desiring is not the one being provided or offered by Delivery Confirmation.

RE: Priority Mail, it's a 3-5 day service. I regularly get two day service to most locations when I use it, but that's just a bonus.

15. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Another thing for people to keep in mind is that The USPS sucks and is cheaper than UPS for a reason. You get what you pay for.

16. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    I don't know what your experience is, but I have to disagree on the whole. I've been using them regularly for over ten years, since I started CP, and have had exactly one package lost or the contents damaged in that entire time. Everything else has arrived safely, and in a timely manner. And the package that was lost was a foreign package, which did not go missing until it was well out of the hands of the USPS.

And as far as cheaper goes, in fact, the USPS is quite often NOT cheaper at all. I can look through a hundred orders or so and find a dozen situations where FedEx Ground taking two days to arrive costs less than half as much as the USPS PriMail equivilent, and less than Parcel Post, to boot.

17. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Yeah, they're weird like that. I live in New York. I remember one time I ordered something, they sent it to northern Pennsylvania, then drove it 3 hours directly past me when they could have dropped it off at my local sorting station (which they had done before, so I knew it wouldn't be impossible for them to do). Also, there was another time when they received a package, got it into the state, then sent it to Michigan and back for no reason.

18. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

i was wondering if express mail international has tracking service, or it just gives delivery confirmation. i ordered from USA first time and choose Express over Priority mail for its tracking service (and hoped that it would be faster), and i'd like to know whether i paid extra for nothing?

19. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    i just bought a windcharger from hasbrotoyshop and they sent the little guy to my old adress from like over 4 years ago..no biggie i said they will forward it to my new one..but guess what ? checked the tracking number and low and behold it was delivered to the old adress..windcharger was lost and the worst part was promised to someone here on the boards...post office sucks sometimes..

20. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    Yes, Express Mail includes true tracking service.

Correct. Third class and lower mail is not subject to forwarding service. These services only apply to first class and above.