Using System Restore CD Question

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by OmegaScourge, Nov 16, 2008.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Jul 8, 2002
    Caught a bad virus/malware and everything i've tried doesnt fix it and i can only start in Safe Mode.

So it seems to fix my computer issue i have to system restore it.

But i havent done it in a while and was wondering if i need to use the "stock" using my monitor with the onboard video card, speakers with the onboard sound card, using the wired keyboard, and using the onboard ethernet card.

and will i be able to use the wireless network still on my case i need to google information and/or get updates/drivers to things

edit: oh yeah, i got Win XP and the keyboard i use now is bluetooth
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  2. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

Apr 21, 2004
    You will probably have to install new drivers for all that stuff but it should still function enough for you to do so. I would have a wired keyboard handy just in case the bluetooth gives you trouble though.

As for being able to still use your laptop's wireless, it depends on how everything is connected. In your typical setup you have the router which is hooked up to your various computers, so if that's the case then it doesn't matter if your other computer is off the network. You wil only have issues if the computer you're restoring is actually transmitting the wireless signal that the laptop is connecting to.