Using different characters in free roam in TF game. It can be done.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by pscoop, Jul 3, 2007.

1. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Someone over at gamefaqs.com posted this.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=932117&topic=36488419

I tried it out and it does work. Go to the level you want to play(I did this on the 2nd autobot level.)

Pick the mission with the character you want to free roam with(In my case I did the Jazz mission), I finished the mission since quitting out didn't work. When the mission is over of course you go back to the original character. (In my case Prime) Then let him die. When It goes back to free-roam you go to the character used in the last mission. I was able to free-roam as Jazz instead of Prime last night.

Really silly that this isn't just a simple option in the game. But at least there seems to be a way around it.

2. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Cool, I'll have to give that a try.

3. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    This free-roam thing sounds really badly designed, you have to succesfully complete a mission to play as the character in free-roam.

You cant even pick a character from the start to play as?

I take it, there isnt actually a free-roam mode as of such, its just a tiny arena in which you can select a mission, correct?

EDIT: Okay, say you complete a mission with Blackout, start Scorpys mission, die, will you start free-roaming in the military base area, or in a city area?

4. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    There are 4 levels for each side of the game. Each one has a decent sized free-roaming enviroment with 4 missions each. You can play the missions or roam around looking for item or trash the place whatever.

Level 2 for the autobots for example, you start as Jazz, then you become Ironhide, then Prime. When you finish the level you can go back and free roam or do the missions again. The stupid part is, you can only freeroam as the last character used on that level. They could have easily let you pick your character when going to play a level again, but didn't.

The link explains how to free roam with any character used on that specific level. You still can't use Blackout in the suburbs. But you can at least use Jazz, and Ironhide and not just Prime. Better than nothing I guess.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I've been doing this from the beginning on the Wii- when I fail a mission, it starts me in free-roam mode until I go into the green circle. Just avoid the green mission circle, and it's free-roam all the way.

EDIT: n/m, you already said that.

6. wikkiddavis

wikkiddavis The wikkid man

News Credits:
    I Just got the PS2 Version tonight, this might be off topic but is thier a way to get the Gen 1 Jazz,Screamer and them without puttin in codes?

and is shockwave playable in the PS2 one or is that only on the PSP version?

7. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Cant wait to try this, thx for the tip.

8. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    G1 Screamer: Beat the Con campaign
    Robovision Prime: Beat the Bot campaign
    Jazz: No idea
    Shockwave: Only playable in PSP version