Using Character Customization to make Toy accurate animation models

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Oct 4, 2012.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

So I just had this thought. Sideswipe, Air Raid, and Ultra Magnus have toys comming out that look nothing like their animation models in the game. However I think you could use the Character customization in the game to make animation modes that match their toys.

Sideswipe for example, the robot mode looks nothing like the animation model but the vehicle mode is accurate. So you take the head and torso for Sideswipe in the game and swap out the arms and legs with Jazz and it should hopefully give you something that looks more like his toy.

Air Raid is kinda hard because the head in the game doesn't even look like the one on the toy. You also can't get the remolded chest in the game. But I think you can get close to something that looks like the toy, at least closer than his actual Animation model that looks nothing at all in any way like his toy.

Ultra Magnus would be the easiest one because it's basically just a head swap. Stick his head on Optimus' body and then you have a toy accurate animation model for Ultra Magnus.

I don't know about colors though cause being color blind it's kind of impossible for me to color the characters to look like their toys. That being said someone do this, post pictures. And include the color pallet cause I want to see how I can actually do this.

2. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

link to confirm air-raid figure

3. Argentenoboy

Argentenoboy But what was even more like a drug was the drugs

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think he's talking about Fireflight.

4. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    he is but Hasbro changed him to Air Raid apparently. he's still gonna be Fireflight to me

5. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

[​IMG]

and then I lost all hope of ever getting this guy as a figure

6. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Eh. I'd be more inclined to modify the toys to game accurate models, not the other way around. But then again, I have the unique materials that would require.

7. SaberPrime

Fireflight and Air Raid are the same toy.

You can see the note saying the name was changed when the toy was shown at SDCC on Fireflight's original wiki page.
    Fireflight (FOC) - Transformers Wiki

And there's a picture of the same toy at the bottom of Air Raid's wiki page. There's also a note here saying it was originally called Fireflight when shown at Botcon.
    Air Raid (WFC) - Transformers Wiki

8. Walktehdinosaur

Walktehdinosaur HI! MY NAME IS [Volleybot]

News Credits:
    I fail to see why they made the change from a character who currently doesnt have a Hms design to one that does and actually appeared quite a bit in wfc.

It also sets back any possibility of us getting a proper Air raid figure.

9. SaberPrime

He also appears in FoC with the same design as WfC but yeah I agree with your opinion about the name change of the toy.

10. Walktehdinosaur

News Credits:
    Yup.
    Did he do anything other than stand with jetfire and silverbolt in the final level?

11. orangeitis

orangeitis Sick Kiss Players Lover

Ebay:
    People are really still calling Fireflight 'Air Raid' just because of that error label card at SDCC? ...huh.

Anyway, how about the Wreckers coming out in 2013? Anyone tried to make them out of the Combaticon parts?

12. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i tried Impactor and Twintwist

13. orangeitis

Ebay:
    Oh my. How'd that go? Could you at least get decent colors for them?

14. Walktehdinosaur

News Credits:
    Tell me this then, wise one: what was that label card actually meant for?

15. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    meh. they were easy but Impactor's colors were a bit off since they only have orange and blue

16. orangeitis

Ebay:
    It's irrelevant what the card is meant for. The fact is, the figure was called Fireflight officially before the card was shown(in the slides at Botcon, I believe), and it was called Fireflight months after the card was shown(with more official confirmations). Therefore, there are more examples of the figure being called Fireflight than Air Raid.

I was merely surprised, that's all. Call him whatever you want. =D

17. SaberPrime

I have no idea, I haven't gotten that far in the game yet. I just know he's there.

I have noticed one thing in FoC that I feel like it's a step backwards from the previous game. WfC each level gave you a choice of 3 different characters to play as. FoC you have no choice, you're stuck with whatever they give you. Though I can't really complain too much because they've given me the characters I probably would of picked myself anyway but still it would be nice to at least have the option. Only reason I bring this up is because I kinda doubt that Air Raid is a playable character in FoC when I think Jetfire is their leader. I feel weird saying that because Jetfire isn't even really an Airealbot, they just stuck him in there because he has a jet mode and then he took Silverbolt's job.

How do you know it was an error? I guess we'll find out when the toy actually comes out officially.

Well I think...

Impactor kinda looks like Onslaught with Ironhide's head.

Topspin could be Blast Off with ironically Air Raid's head.

Twin Twist looks like Brawl with Megatron's head.

Swindle I'm not sure what to do for him because his body and head don't really mix. I think the head looks a lot like Warpath.

And Whirl is just Vortex with Shockwave's head. I really hate Whirl because Shockwave was unique with that eye ball head till he came along.

That statement is no accurate. Nothing is truly "official" until we see the final product in stores. Technically both Fireflight and Air Raid could but end up not being his name at all. It's the same thing as why some times the coloring on toys is different from the packaging than the actual toy. Because you're looking at what's basically a toy that's still an unfinished product. Once it's being mass released in stores then and only then is it official.

You people seem to have the hardest time understanding the concept of "subject to change".

18. orangeitis

Ebay:
    Oh no, their mission in WFC brings that up. Air Raid was complaining about Silverbold being Aerialbot leader. And It seems that they meant for Jetfire to be a part of the Aerialbot team, but not part of the core combiner part of it. It makes more sense in the context of what Hasbro said (and correct me if i'm wrong here) about the PCC line. Something along the lines of apparently the sub-factions aren't just comprised of the combiner teams, there were many other members.

I don't. :( 

Roadbuster is my favorite of the 'FoC' Wreckers. I was looking forward to seeing a custom of him in FoC MP the most. Too bad Warpath's head is only for Titans though, that might've looked boss.

Especially me. Dx

19. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i understand it. but in this case, i just don't agree with it :p  therefore, when i pick this figure up, i'm calling him Fireflight

20. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I know there's a pretty close palette for Magnus, which is chrome/light blue, but not the same blue.

Nope.