using a regular xbox wireless adapter on a 360

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by undertaker, Aug 10, 2008.

1. undertaker

undertaker Deadman's Disciple

I've quickly learned that I will not be satisfied to go online with my 360 just once a week (gotta see my Pac-Man Championship rankings among other things). The 360 wireless adapter costs more than I'd like to spend (even at $70 used). My local Fry's has the wireless adapters for the Xbox for $40. Besides the fact that the Xbox wireless adapter will need an outlet for its power supply, are there any significant negatives to using the Xbox wireless adapter on a 360? Is it a reliable adapter to use, or will I find myself having to reconfigure the adapter repeatedly (like I've heard about the Pelican brand 360 adapter)?

2. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I still use mine. It works great. My 360 automatically recognizes it and configures it to my network anytime I've had to reset it (very few times and usually because my router had an issue). It auto configured with the new system I got in as a repair too.

3. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    it's rock solid. Because it uses an external power supply, you're not robbing the system of much needed power during peak loads.

4. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

Works awesome, been using it ever since I got a 360, and I havent had a problem

5. undertaker

undertaker Deadman's Disciple

So far so good. Used 360 adapters are fairly hard to find at actual game shops, so I went ahead and picked up a regular Xbox wireless adapter. I had read that you couldn't configure it on a 360, but it took only a couple minutes to do that on my Xbox. A friend of mine had my 360 downloading for well over an hour (a couple demos that were 1GB each...).