used old pc games...

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Dolza_Khyron, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

Anyone else go to thrift stores, *other then to find transformers or toys of course!* lol

to buy old video games, and especially pc games?

lately, over the past year, i have been going to goodwill, red white and blue, value village, and other thrift stores around, and i have been picking up old pc games for about $2 to $10.

i've probably over the past year have picked up over a 50 pc games, from call of duty 2, to the original half life, Die Hard *by sierra!* Hulk, Spider man one and two, *movie games* the sims 2 *expansion packs* and many others.

Just wondering if any one else does this too!

oh and today goodwill had portal 2 for $24 dollars lol.

would of bought it, but i don't think it will run on my computer :lol 

2. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    only pc game id love to find in a thrift store is Nascar Racing Season 2003. no way id spend the insane amount of money to buy it off ebay

3. Dolza_Khyron

Yea lol i am glad i find these games for so cheap here, i am sure some would be expensive on ebay.

4. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Occasionally, the local Goodwills here started selling video games through thier auction site though. There are random PC games mixed in the cds from time to time though.

I've gotten Turok 2 and South Park PC in big boxes from Goodwill for $1. I also got PSone copies of Parasite Eve 1 and 2 and RE2 for $3 each. I found a new copy of Heavenly Sword for $10 last year, it was a copy clearanced from Target that went "salvage" and donated to Goodwill.

You have to be carefull with some modern games. Battlefield 2 and beyond is tied to an account (along with other EA games requiring the redeeming EA account), without that account the games can't be played. Any Valve game is useless if the key has been redeemed, most games that use Steam or can be redeemed through Steam (CoDMW2-BlOps etc) face the same problems.

5. Dolza_Khyron

yea, i do see a LOT of xbox, ps1 and 2 games, and yesterday i saw a psp game! five bucks, if i had a psp i would of totally bought it.

also they had DS games yesterday too. nothing interesting though.

6. Dolza_Khyron

so, I picked up sim city 2000 yesterday, but it is in German, the cover and everything is the english version, though so i didn't even notice :lol 

7. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I went to a car boot sale and picked up old games, for PC, GB and GBC for a few quid.

I've been wanting to play a bunch of old PC games that I still have, Wing Commander 2, Strike Commander and Space Hulk spring to mind but XP and DOS aren't friends.

I downloaded DOSBOX to play Flashback, and I need to play wth it a little to get some good old PC gaming.

8. Dolza_Khyron

yea lol i want to buy an old pc so i can play my handful of dos games again, and my windows 95 games, since a lot of them do not recognize video cards or other things of today lol.

like i can't play warcraft 1 :( 

9. Triple Melter

Triple Melter EGG GANG™

Just use DosBOX

10. Dolza_Khyron

yea i tried that lol unfortunately it didn't help