US Reissue G1 Sideswipe

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Cheebs, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I'll keep this short since we all know the Sideswipe mold by now.

Pure awesome. Sideswipe was a top-tier figure back in his original G1 days, and likewise he's a top-tier reissue. Getting a minty fresh Sideswipe would be good enough, but Hasbro went the extra mile and made improvements to the original deco. Yup. Everything that used to be a factory sticker is now a permanent paint app. This includes car headlights, car door handles, and the black area on the roof. On top of that, the original had unpainted eyes. Hasbro went and painted the reissue's eyes a light blue to match the cartoon. It looks fantastic. The only downside is that the car's hood ornament sticker is now some generic looking star thing...but I guess you can't expect the real Countach hood ornament in this day and age. I just left the sticker off for when I can get a reprolabel set.

Anyway, I couldn't be happier. My '84 Sideswipe is in sad, sad shape (although I still love him:)  ). It feels great to have one in brand new condition with improvements to boot. Highly recommended.

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    you mind checking, whether the pin that holds the roof prevents it from folding up all the way, like my CS red alert? this makes it different from the jap reissues.

3. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I'm at my parrents' house for today, but when I return to my house tomorrow I'll take a look. I'm not sure what you mean by that pin tho'. I don't have a CS Red Alert to compare to, but I do have an original '84 Sideswipe. How was it on the '84 version compaired to the CS Red Alert?

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    the hasbro reissue roof pin is protruded; the takara version is flushed. the protruded pin prevents the roof from folding properly.

5. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I just gave it a look. It is the protruded pin. Oh well. Can't win 'em all.