US and everywhere else has all the fun...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SteelMan296, Jun 12, 2008.

1. SteelMan296

SteelMan296 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Sorry if i seem to just whine, but i've just read through some of the threads on here and people complaining about how figures won't be released and what not when in actual fact they should find themselves very lucky, i live in Scotland and half of the things on here aren't anywhere to be seen in the UK not to mention ever heard of, the only place they are available is 'E-bay' and charging very high prices for them... as recently a few months back i seen my first Movie Jazz G1 Deco 'loose' and paid a fair bit just for it, and half of it went to p&p... so if you want to complain, try living here for a few months and lets see how you get on.

2. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no worries, I hear ya! U.S. ROCKS! :music 

3. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ah, but in the US you cannot get a good haggis, even the bacon and sausages are way, way better in the UK. would i trade haggis for animated?? tricky one.

4. SteelMan296

SteelMan296 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I love teh Haggis, but i'd take Transformers over it anyday xD since i've had more then enough haggis to last a life time, it just sucks that all you guys get most of the good things, like limited edition figures and what not, like MP StarScream for 50 bucks... over here thats like £25, but i'd be lucky to get the thing for £40-£50($80-$100) roughly... not to mention all the conventions over there... we get nothing T.T

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I understand that other places may have things worse than we do, but that certainly doesn't mean people shouldn't be able to complain about issues stateside.

6. glancer

glancer Dinobot

alternators are still going out in the UK. so try to get some of the rare kind and sell them off on Ebay. lol

7. Mxprime

Mxprime Banned

I agree with ya on the prices, but well what can ya do, its hard to break the tradition of being over priced.......

Well we have a convention here too remember, auto assembly and from what I hear this year will be badass, plus for a small country we have a lot of other conventions where we can spread the TF spirit, compared to one state in the US. So in proportion we aren't doing so bad :thumbs2: 

8. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    The pricing issue in the UK is a pain in the butt, but then we pay double the price for pretty much any consumer goods compared to America, it's all relative.

And to be honest, there are a LOT of places in the world that have it much much worse than us, for both price and distribution...

I don't think we're so hard done by, not when I can pop into a TRU and see the whole first wave of Animated on the shelves at the same time they are in the US.

9. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Yeah, gotta admit - it's nice having access to this stuff in the US.

10. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Save your money and buy in bulk orders from places like BBTS and such...

11. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Let the US have em. You've got IRN BRU and Tennets from the source over there. A fair trade, I say.

12. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not all bad over here - we got Animated slightly before the US, and it looks like the same is happening with Universe too. Alts are still available if you know where to look too. And while price and distribution may not be as good as the US, count your lucky stars you don't live in Germany or Scandinavia...

13. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I feel your pain, SteelMan. But you should know that just because fans might happen to live in the US doesn't automatically mean we have access to everything that's released.

I have not been able to find the Transformers Animated toys in my area, and I live just outside a rather large US city. I never found TRU's exclusive Classics Soundwave reissue. And I spent months looking for several of the Alternators. (And I would also like to have had many various TF items that were released only in the UK.)

Incidentally, you should try browsing the Junkion Exchange forum here at TFW2005 for your future toy wants/needs. I'm sure there are fans here who would be more than willing to give you a fair price + shipping for toys you're looking for, even though you live outside the US.

14. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I understand your pain, but Hasbro is an American toy company. Takara is a Japanese toy company. I am sure that if TFs were made in the UK, the situation would be different.