Urgent question about BBTS

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NGW, Jul 12, 2018.

1. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    How exactly does Pile of Loot work? I had the wave 3 POTP deluxes preordered in my pile of loot under the assumption that I could have them charge me and ship them at a later date, but I look at my bank account and they've already charged me for them without me ever giving the go ahead to ship them.

Is this just a temporary thing and they will give me the charge back and then I can ship them later and they'll charge me at that time or do they charge when the item arrives, keep the money and then ship them later on when I say to do so? Because the only reason I put them in the pile was because I thought I wouldn't have to worry about paying for and shipping them until like..next month.

2. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, there are 2 different things here:

1. An item/items you had on pre-order came in stock, so you were charged for them. Having them in Pile of Loot does not keep them from charging you for the figures. You can't just reserve things for free.

2. They are in your pile of loot, so they are sitting safely for you in BBTS's warehouse for you to tell them to ship.

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Ah, so I did just misunderstand how the pile of loot worked. So at this point I may as well just ship them since I have already been charged?

4. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    You can, or you can wait for other things to drop. With the $4 shipping (if that is what you chose), they don't charge you the shipping until you press ship (not sure how it works if you choose faster shipping). Before they used to charge you shipping and adjust it for each item based on weight added. I liked that when the weight of the item would only add an additional 90 cents or so to the shipping.

5. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I made the same mistake when I first started using the POL. I thought that they wouldn't charge me until I shipped. Learned that lesson the hard way....

6. rockHard

rockHard Well-Known Member

They don't charge for any kind of shipping before you actually ship.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blot

Blot Terrorcon

News Credits:
    The whole point of the pile of loot is just to save on shipping. If you ship now, you'll have to pay $4. Then, if you buy something next week and ship it immediately, you'll pay another $4 (you've now paid $8 total in shipping). And on and on. Pile of Loot tells BBTS to hold onto each of your orders for up to 90 days so you can ship them all at once for a single fee of $4.

8. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Yeah, completely misunderstood it then, ah well. Was nothing else I intended on buying so I just had them shipped instead. Hope they get here before I leave for SDCC next week lol.

9. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

With the $4 shipping, there's much less point of using POL...and why they changed it to a 90 day period. You used to be able to keep it growing for 6 months...and before that even longer I think.

10. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    With 4 dollar flat rate, just fill up your POL. I've had like...4 things in my POL for the last two months now and I'm waiting for the last two things to drop this month before shipping it.

Unless you REALLY want that thing you've want, of course. But generally with this shipping scheme it's better just to fatten up that package you're gonna get.

• Like Like x 1
  11. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    There's just nothing I really want out or coming out. All I really wanted from Power of the Primes was the terrorcons, at least now that longtime goal (ever since I first fell in love with Abominus back in the day) is complete. Already had what I really wanted out of the studio series (Blackout and Grimlock) for the time, probably more will eventually be revealed that I want from it but that's still a big question mark. I want Masterpiece Movie Ironhide, but that's not something I've the budget for any time soon, ditto Dinobot and Beast Wars Megatron (and those are things I'll likely never pick up because of their price). I just don't collect much any more, too many other responsibilities, I don't even really buy into Magic cards like I used to either. We'll see what the Bumblebee movie line holds, but again those aren't out for some time.

$4 to ship three figures ain't too bad to me, almost wished I had gone for a different option to get them here sooner because I don't want them sitting in the apartment hallway while I'm in San Diego, but alas.

12. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yea, figured that as soon as I wrote my reply, good to have confirmation. Though I have only used the $4 shipping since they switched to that, I think I may go back to regular shipping, and pay a little more since Fedex is generally what they use and just terrible. My last package (from somewhere else) was driven around for 4 days because Fedex couldn't find the house that I have lived in off and on since childhood.

• Like Like x 1
  13. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Try it out, try it out man

Ugh, yeah, this. You get what you pay for when it comes to BBTS' shipping and that usually means Fedex Smartpost in my area. I always go for UPS or just regular USPS because I don't have have to deal with the headache of inter-agency shipping that is Smartpost. I can't think of a name for a company or product less accurate than "Smartpost."

14. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl TFW2005 Supporter

Even if the $4 shipping did apply to me, I'd still pay for faster shipping.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Scourgatron

Scourgatron Your Don't Care Bear

News Credits: