Upsized BH Legions/Legends Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Snake_eyes1975, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
  2. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Ya know... I am glad I aint a Beast Hunters fan. I... I actually kinda feel kinda bad for them with these Deluxe sized Cyberverse things. ANd selfishly, I'm glad it enables them to put more into MY classics stuff.

But, seriously, WTF??? Talk about coming to a Marshall's near you...

I agree.

3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

If what you say is true then thank goodness because I dread the idea of newer toys being ust upscaled leigons. And it does make sense if this is just a palceholder.

4. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I am sure more lines will get this upscaled treatment. I am hoping it will be towards the tail end of the toy lines days. That would be fine.

But also think of the flip side. How many deluxes did we say would be better as voyagers or voyagers as leaders. I bet no one would complain if astrotrain was released in the same mold but in a voyager size.

So for this, it is a wait and see.

5. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Do toyline budgets really work that way, cutting costs (somehow by making *larger* toys, new molds, all the paint aps, etc.) in one line to spend more in another? I'd think the budgets for Prime and Generations would be fairly separate, that Metroplex doesn't really have a bearing on these overgrown Legions and vice-versa, that his existence is due to Transformers becoming a major media franchise rather than anything else.

*shrug* Whatever, I'm passing on these like I do with most of the Prime line, anyways. But if this becomes a norm, replacing the standard Deluxes/Voyagers, well...

... I'd just pass on them, too.

6. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

I'm willing to play devil's advocate for a second: if this means that kids with less money can get deluxe size toys in their hands, then I'm all for it.

How many parents can afford to drop $13.00 per character? And, frankly, legions have gotten too expensive. A minimum wage earner has to work a solid hour to get their kid one dinky little legion figure.

Maybe if they had called this "Deluxe Cyberverse," or "Super Cyberverse" people wouldn't have been so panicked and jumped to the conclusion that Hasbro got lazy or is trying to pull a fast one. Hasbro might just be trying to get toys to kids whose families have more pressing financial concerns.

7. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

^gotta agree legions as they are are too overpriced. not worth 8 bucks. 5 at most.

8. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Evidently, both the regular Deluxes and the upsized Legions are $13:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I'll buy a couple just to see what they're like. They may end up being curiosities like action masters.

10. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    loooooooooooooool

11. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    You've gotta be f'n kidding me...

So... $13 on an upscaled cyberverse
    or
    $13 on a Deluxe with more articulation and more parts?

Which is the better value?
    And you can't reason that the upscaled cyberverse will be less expensive for parents.

12. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I also dont think it would be as bad if they really were just simpler deluxes and not just legions that are already out blown up to deluxe size. Hopefully the rest is true and they dont follow suit with future lines.

13. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Considering the Generations Deluxes were shown to be $13 and the voyagers still showing $20 I wouldn't trust the price tax shown on the display case.

14. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

i hope they are a separate line with 'deluxe' being the temporary name holder to indicate price range, they look like the fast action battler line from the movie which cost about the same as the deluxe so at least that wasn't completely unprecedented, i just hope they don't keep calling it 'deluxe' to dilute the label just so they can eventually turn all future deluxe into this garbage.

15. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They should be called FABs full stop.

By allowing obviously inferior versions of the same characters to coexist on shelves with the originals, there is nothing that is attractive about them and since they remain BH Deluxes, nothing clearly communicates to parents that they are in a different age range. In short, the only informed consumers don't want them! That's bad!

Simplify the transformations all you want, that's justified, but the fact that Deluxes in the "kiddy" line have no joints, no detailing, and no originality is kind of insulting to those kids. And that makes me a little sad. Kids deserve quality and effort too.

You can't save money by making none. There is nothing that sells these toys, except for maybe the Preds.

16. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    If I may add, the TF4 toys will probably hit in April or May of next year, so the super-scaled Beast Hunters Cyberverse won't be on shelves for too long. Retailers may not even order them due to the impending movie and all that comes with it.

If we're really REALLY lucky, the stupid things may:

1. Never make it to mass retail like the FEs.
    2. Get cancelled altogether like the tail end of DOTM.

Either way, they probably will not make Hasbro any money.

17. Xformermike

Xformermike Well-Known Member

Yes, I did consider all those things.

No, that doesn't make them suck any less. =p

18. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Yeah if anything, they'll probably end up being more expensive in reality hah :lol 

19. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    What it is we have gone though so much cost cuting thatvthese toys will be the final straw if it is a permanent change god all 4 of then dont even have elbows joints

20. Jotaro Kujo

Jotaro Kujo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What kid is so dumb that they can't figure out post-RotF Transformers? Especially the Predacons from BH.

Also, there is no excuse here, these are $13. I don't care who the market is supposed to be, they're worse than the $5 toys they're upscaled from.

There's being a Hasbro apologist and then there's drinking the Kool-Aid.

I'm also fairly certain as was mentioned previously, budget doesn't work that way. They're cutting corners on Beast Hunters to line their own pockets, not to make Generations better. What awesome, Rhinox-tier figures did we get in Prime because of the meh first few waves of Generations / the Generations figures in 2012?