Upside down rubsign...fake or spotty QC?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by McSoundwave, Jun 8, 2011.

1. McSoundwave

McSoundwave Soundwave superior!

Hey all,

I'm new here (well, at least a newly subscribed member...I've been lurking for some time now) and I have a question regarding rubsigns. Has anybody ever bought a G1 Transformer reissue (or any for that matter) and then later realized the rubsign is placed incorrectly, specifically upside down? I'm just curious because I recently purchased a MISB SDCC Soundwave and, after I received it, noticed the rubsign was placed upside down on Ratbat. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. I don't think it's fugazi as I purchased it from a reputable seller not to mention everything else about the package, contents, etc are on-point. I think it might have more to do with Hasbro's spotty QC standards, but then again maybe I'm just rationalizing because I've never seen anything of this sort before...just crookedly placed, off-center rubsigns, etc. In any event, I wanted to pose the question to see what some of you experts think. Anyhow, thanks in advance.

2. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The worst I ever got were rubsigns placed crookedly on some figures.

Speaking of QC issues, my Generations Scourge has two right hands. That bothers me a lot more than improperly affixed rubsigns. :D 

3. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I once had a Classics Ramjet with an autobot rubsign.

4. McSoundwave

McSoundwave Soundwave superior!

Yeah, I've heard of Autobot or Decepticon figures coming with the wrong rubsigns affixed as well. I figured this was a manufacturing defect of sorts. It could be far worse I know, but I must admit, it kind of irks me to look in the package and see that. Oh well. Thanks for the replies.