Upset about Toys? Apparently.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JimTheJIRRMan, Mar 1, 2012.

1. JimTheJIRRMan

JimTheJIRRMan Ensign

News Credits:
    WARNING! This is just a small rant I needed to get out. I get easily upset about these things, especially when i have long tiring days, so, it may seem silly to you, and i'm fine with that. So, here we go:

Went to my local Wal-Mart today, and decided to see if the Prime RID figs were in yet. This Wal-mart is definitely no special transformers shopping spot, but I was surprised to see many new toys, including the Movie Trilogy Deluxe Optimus. However There were no PRID figures. The only Prime products were the Optimus and Bumblebee battle masks. I saw these a few weeks ago and I hoped they were a pre-cursor to PRID, but apparently not.

I'm just a little ticked off because some of the DOTM Figures all say "Look for Transformers Prime," and there arena Prime figures. I did see many botshots there, which kind of solidified my anger, even though it's kind of neat that we have those, too.

I'm just slightly upset that My Wal-Mart, which is always behind on Transformers waves, has nearly EVERY latest wave of current lines, and even a new line, but the ONE toy line I was excited about isn't there.

Wow, if you sat through tis rant, i thank you for taking time to, and I'd like to hear your thoughts.

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Definitely thought that was mild by comparison, but I think a lot of it comes down to us noticing the Transformer section not being perfect because that's what we pay attention to. If you were into Star Wars, you'd probably see the TF section being properly faced & think its perfect, while you'll start kicking yourself because you can't find a Boba Fett among the countless randoms that're in good supply.

/2cents

3. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    Did you ask anyone about the Prime toys? Chances are they have them, they just haven't put them out yet.

4. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Actually, that wasn't a bad rant at all. There's nothing wrong with being annoyed or angry... it's how you direct it and the actions you take. You just wanted to vent, and even acknowledged that that was pretty much all it was.

I'm with you, too. It's really frustrating when your local toy place (I have ONE Walmart in my immediate area... I have to drive 45 mins before I can hit another, smaller Walmart, or 45 mins the other way where there's a Walmart and Target) just won't jump into the ballgame. Though, I've heard a lot more about TRU and Target getting the Prime figs, and very very little about Walmart, if anything. Which, of course, also sucks for us who have to make that freakin' long drive to get to anything BUT Walmart.

I miss New Jersey so much when I go toy hunting now. If I spent 45 minutes driving, turned around and hit every store on my way home... I'd probably hit 10 different stores. :) 

5. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe they sold out?

I went to a local target a couple days ago, no prime toys in sight. You'd think they didn't have them, yet the week before the had tons of them up.

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The DotM figures have had "look for TF Prime" on them since they were first released in summer of last year, when the TF Prime toys weren't even close to coming out, so that's a long-standing thing. Also, the "look for TF Prime" thing doesn't specifically mention the toys...there's nothing to say that's not just referring to the cartoon.

7. silverstreak70

silverstreak70 Well-Known Member

Most of the Walmarts are scheduled to reset the action figure aisle beginning next week.

8. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Yep. Once they're all niced up, you probably won't need to state the nature of the adolescent emergency any longer. :) 

9. JimTheJIRRMan

JimTheJIRRMan Ensign

News Credits:
    That is a good point, I have noticed that.

Yeah, I Forgot about that until after i got home. Long day and my head's kind of off xD

I know, the point was that it kind of rubbed it in my face a little bit, even though I shouldn't feel this way.Like i said, i'm off today.

10. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

I didn't find Prime RID, but I did find a Hello Kitty "Magic 8 ball" which will help me know exactly where to look.

It cost a buck. Score!

[​IMG]

11. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There hasn't been a new transformer at my local walmart for 4 months. There were just 2 lonely RID Bumblebees at TRU, but I will not touch that one.

12. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I was expecting a nerdragey rant "editorial", but you're just mildly annoyed. So, uh, thank you, actually.

But yeah, don't worry, they'll be out soon enough in your stores. Hope you find every toy you're looking for.

13. JimTheJIRRMan

JimTheJIRRMan Ensign

News Credits:
    Thanks.

14. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

I'm in the 45 min drive boat too but the fact is compounded by a heavily employee-scalped (confirmed) TRU and rabid hoarding "collectors" buying entire cases of figures multiple times there and surrounding stores in the area. Thing is at one time I worked our local WM, I KNOW it's in stock just sitting there in back and probably will till almost summer. The store is horrible to shop for Transformers in. We got those friggin masks though and crap tons of DOTM. No O.P., you are not alone in your anger but you may have it better than some of us do in other areas.

15. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I've pretty much learned over the last year that Wal-Mart is basically useless these days. The ones here either get stuff way later than Target or not at all. Currently my local Targets have all of Prime out (except for the Cyberverse commanders :( ) and the local Wal-Marts have one deluxe Bumblebee between them.

16. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

There is no real point. Whenever I ask a question like that they say "All we have is what is out on the shelves" and walk away.

17. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Na dude. I i live in Canada. i feel your pain.

18. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I am surprised that there are stores that have not gotten these out yet. I can understand that you would be frustrated though since they are out in so many areas already. I guess i am also amazed by this because my area is usually behind in getting toys out.

19. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    My Walmart's too new to really get a bead on how good or bad they're going to be, but it's not looking particularly hopeful either. They did a "Spring 2012" aisle reset back in January and it was all movie stuff, so I wouldn't expect them to have any Prime figures before the summer. With reports of other Walmarts doing an action figure reset next week, it would seem a lot depends on the individual store.

20. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    walked into a local zellers store today, all the prid wave 1 deluxes are there, double the price of any other deluxes and bumblebee even rings up as a kreo for 35 mildly annoyed doesn't cut it lol