UPS Trashed my collection...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Polenicus, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    I suspect many of you are going to laugh at me for this, for being follish enough to use UPS, but...

I moved from Edmonton to Toronto. This meant I needed a reliable, and relatively economical way to ship my collection. Now, my collection is all loose, and mostly just for my enjoyment and not meant to be kept collectors grade. I expected a little wear and tear, and I was willing to live with it.

Still, I packed the boxes carefully, like I would if I was selling them and shipping through eBay. Lots of padding, items arranged to ensure a minimum of shifting, etc. I got nice sturdy boxes too, from Home Depot. Brand new.

When they arrived... well, three of the boxes were fine. The rest... Well, first off they didn't all come together, despite being sent out as a single shipment.

I just opened the least damaged of the rest, containing Unicron, Primus, and my Autobot Alts and Masterpieces. Optimus broke a stack, and the alts were all battered and beaten, even the ones riding in Op's trailer were damaged. Unicron seems to be alright, but Primus took some damage too.

The rest of the boxes are torn, beaten, and crushed. I can't bring myself to open them yet, for fear of what I'll find. I know at least part of my collection has been destroyed by this, and that a good part of it is going to be damaged.

I know I have to expect some wear and tear... paint chipping, parts popped off... but this? Pieces snapped cleanly apart, paint scraped off, transferred onto other bots, holes ripping in boxes, pieces missing (I had the good sense to bag 99% of the small pieces such as missile seperately, but now some of the parts that were snapped off have been lost).

These boxes were TOSSED around, beaten and flattened and smashed and abused in a way I've never seen shipped items treated before. And since I didn't have the good sense to get insurance... I'm pooched.

I'll probably post some pictures of the worst victims later on... but I just thought I should warn you all, for those like me that don't yet know... don't use UPS.

Now I'm gonna go try and glue my Alts back together, and try not to cry too much.

:cry  :cry  :cry  :cry 

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :( 

*hugs*

3. transmorgifer

transmorgifer A.K.A. Doritos_King

yes ups has the mentality of a 3 year old when it comes to large packages they just seem not to care (this coming from working in inbound telephone sales for a large candy corps.) and from the things iv herd form ppl i had to work with i simply will not use ups id rather pack them my self in a u-hall van at least then I can check on them once n a while an du know exactly how something became riped.

simply cant trust UPS

im sorry for your loss i hope most of them can be put back together with little effort

4. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Thanks.

My initial thought was to U-haul them, but there literally were NO trucks available on the month I was moving for a one-way haul. None. I called around, and evidently there was nothing available in the entire Toronto area.

5. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    If there was ever a good reason to cry... this would be one of them.

I wish you the best.

6. transmorgifer

transmorgifer A.K.A. Doritos_King

i dont know how that happens i wouldn't thing that many ppl would be moving all at once

7. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Aww man. Sorry to hear about that.:( 

Probably cost a fortune to ship it all, too.

8. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    *Feels your pain....tears collect.....thinks..."I can't look at your gory photos...please don't post them"...*

:puke: UPS

9. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    That does suck. A few years ago I had moved from Orlando to Las Vegas. Packed some boxes and added tracking to all of them. The last one was a small box that got stuck in LA for a week before heading back to Vegas. When I received the box, there was a hole taped up on the side and 1/4 of the contents missing. The missing items were CDs and had been replaced with a heart-shaped jewelry box. WTF?? :mad 

I still have the box as a reminder not to ship important stuff with UPS. When I moved to Washington, I kept the more important Transformers in the car on my road trip. The other boxes were shipped FedEx. Arrived safe and sound.

10. Ecmagee1984

Ecmagee1984 Big E

Ebay:
    Dude that sux,

11. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Wow that really sucks. Even without insurance on them, I'd still take them in and see if you can get something for their obvious lack of regard for your property.

12. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I can't believe you'd ship so much money's worth of TFs and not get the packages insured. I know I wouldn't have.

13. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

I give you internetz hug. Sorry dude...I hope theres something good for you in the end.....

14. NemesisPrime

NemesisPrime Banned

*hugs* Damn man...that sucks

On a funny note to try and cheer you up, I've actually had UPS call me and try and get me to foot the bill on an injury to one of their jackass employees. It seems I shipped some drum equipment standard shipping and this jack ass picked it up and tossed it and pulled some muscles and was in litigation with them.
    What did I ship you ask?

Let's say it's a miracle how a home made drum rack can break down and fit inside a standard ups box that's been double reinforced.

15. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn, just about made a grown man cry. Post some pics of your f'd up guys, and if I have an extra of one of your casualties, I'll send it to ya.
    I feel your pain, having dealt with water damage on some of my misb guys during a move, so I know how your feeling.

16. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Can't you take photos of the unopened boxes, then take more pics as you open them for a record? Then take those photos into UPS and kick up a stink?

17. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    ...ouch.

Really sorry to hear that. :( 

Hope they're somewhat salvageable, or that you can get UPS to own up.

With all the moving I did myself, it's a wonder anything in my Box remained intact at all, especially since my parents went with the mover that gave us the cheapest quotation.

Now that my collection has grown quite a bit, I dread to think that we might move again... >_<

18. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    argh.

i remember when dude broke my sideswipe and ratchet when i wasnt around. i cried.

but that was when i was 11.

sorry to hear that brah.

19. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    I can't believe that such damage is accepted as a possible outcome of using this company?

How can they get away with absolutely destroying boxes that their customers send?

It's ok to say "I should've had insurance", but insurance should cover your belongings against unexpected occurances, not against the fact that this company will do it's best to destroy your stuff.

I'm baffled that people put up with this and that the company is still operating.

:confused: 

20. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Cheer yourself up, next time you see a UPS delivery guy, punch him right in the face. I give you my word that you will feel better.