UPS showed up with my Botcon stuff.

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Blue Meanie, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

I have a large bench wheel thats good for large parts. Your best bet though is to us a dremel at very low speeds. The small wheel burns a lot easier though, so you have to be really really careful. Sand it with 600 grit, then 1000. You can use 1500 if you want it to shine like a mirror. Then polish it till it shines. Take your time. Wax em for the bonus shine.

2. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    I shipped my kids 2 Pepsi Primes to Az and My Posters to myself and they got to their destinations days ago. Granted I waited until Monday Morning and shipped them directly from the actual UPS store.

3. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Is that a KO Computron giftset box?

4. Blue Meanie

Did they make a knockoff computron giftset? The only one I know of is the SL version.The stampings on the toys all say HasTak. Its was sold to me being an original toy. It looks pretty old.

5. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's a KO, but you'd know the difference since it comes with two Stunticons replacing two of the Technobots and the quality is much lower. I guess some people here don't recognize the Japanese Computron Giftset box.

Anyone having their rate quotes magically increased? People on the club boards are reporting that their shipping quotes have been doubled on them, at least one from the pre-paid $200 he was quoted and paid at the show being increased to $400, when the most expensive option for that number of boxes and weight (11 hr 57 Min Critical Shipment) is only $223.

6. Hotspot17

News Credits:
    You're almost correct but not ready. But you should really do your homework before doubting. And yes, I do have a G1 Japanese Computron giftset orignal, the KO and the reprod verison of the original box itself. A few years ago, reprod of just the G1 Computron boxes without the foam was available. Mostly in the UK. There was a sudden surge of Computron boxes. Sellers had like 50 of them for sale. The only difference between the original and the reprod is that the reprod was super nice and glossy. You can practically tell it's right out the factory. When I get a chance, I'll post the thread I started about it and maybe some pictures of all my boxes.

7. Hotspot17

News Credits:
  8. Blue Meanie

Its definitely a knock off, I am talking to the seller about getting a partial refund now.

9. Hotspot17

News Credits:
    Sorry about the bad news Blue Meanie but from the picture I can tell it was too new and nice to be an original. Plus, no foam insert. That's the dead give away. Good luck.

10. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    The question is, was the TOY part of that, packaged and sold in the repro-boxes, or did someone put the real toy in the fake box? Fake box would PO me slightly. Seriously though, one can't necessarily be expected to recall every bootleg toy and box ever made, especially since bootleg boxes wern't a big issue before these newer bootlegs that began with the tapes came around.

And in all honesty...I betcha there ARE people around here who would not recognize the Japanese Computron box for what it is.

11. Hotspot17

News Credits:
    The reprod box was sold by itself with no toys or foam. Some believe the purpose was to replace the SL ko box with a reprod G1 box. It's a cheap way of getting a Jap G1 Computron giftset without forking out $400-$500.

I'm sure there's ARE people out there who never seen a japanese giftset before. Which is no big deal. But don't assume that everybody doesn't know. Seen like you didn't understand my question in the first place. And so I took it as you didn't know that there was a reprod KO computron box made. An eye for an eye.

12. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    In all frankness, yes, I figured maybe you didn't notice the Computron box, or maybe couldn't make out what it was, and since you can't see his legs, were asking solely based on the toy.

13. Hotspot17

News Credits:
    No problem. :) 

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Any luck with that, bro?

15. Blue Meanie

nothing yet, he's "talking" to the guy that sold it to him. I doubt it, I got burned, oh well.

16. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My stuff just got here, haven’t opened it yet, mod stuff to do. But I never got an e-mail.