UPS showed up with my Botcon stuff.

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Blue Meanie, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

In all it came through partially trashed. My Pepsi Prime is smashed, my TFC reissues only have some slight dings, and luckily my Deception gift set only has slight scratches, nothing smashed which is what I was worried about. The corners are still good. They overstuffed my MIB Scorponok and you can tell, but I think it will return to shape. Should have watched them box everything instead of dealing with the whiners behind me. Victory saber is A-OK though.

2. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is why I won't use any of these services at the shows. Ever. They don't understand the value of what they're boxing up arriving with the packaging in the same shape it left, or how to properly box a collectible product for shipment.

3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :useless 

That and I just want to see your botcon haul.

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Ouch, man. Lucky break with the Victory Saber though; that was a VERY expensive piece (worth every penny though). Bummer about the other stuff; I'm glad I could fit all my things into my suitcase when I left (Well, actually, I couldn't. DMK had to totally repack my case after I gave up for the second time. I swear, the girl's a GENIUS)

5. Blue Meanie

Pics.minus the comics and graphic novels I got.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And my favorite, $5-15 Predacons in C4-C7 shape. A few hours with some 1000 grit and the polishing wheel, and they outshine my reissues. A few of those on the table were great buys that just needed some love and repro labels.
    [​IMG]

6. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My set of posters arrived this morning all seem fine. Sadly the stuff in my luggage wasn't so lucky Pepsi Primes box got banged up a bit just the top got crushed in. Pushed out now and still looks fine from the front and all other sides.

The top of my gift set got lots of little dents and I'm feeling pretty foolish for not putting on some kind of padding between it and the stuff on top.

Then Fractyl and Packrat got squashed by my Mum when I arrived home:cry  Not actually as bad as I make it sound just another crease in the side, but I was/am gutted.

7. Blue Meanie

That Pepsi prime in a nice box is going to be a rare thing I think, lol.

8. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

Wow. Man, that sucks.

I actually had good service from UPS at the show. Tons of extra styrofoam peanuts. They even double-boxed some of my toys, which I couldn't believe.

On the downside, it ended up being a bit more expensive than I was originally quoted.

9. Mega-Prime

Mega-Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ouch,

Is the Prime toy itself damaged or only the box?

Oh, & I was unaware of the sanding/polishing technique. I'll have to test that out on some of my junkers.

10. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

Nice haul man, I'm glad I packed all my stuff in my case though. Apart from my insurance covering the bag I packed everything with plenty of clothes in between them and the sides of the case so they'd get some protection from baggage handlers.
    All my boxes came through without one ding except for Barricade's card bubble, but I think that was more due to my bag being opened up at airport check-in and the security woman not putting him back exactly right.
    I guess all the screws and springs etc in the toys must have looked pretty odd on the x-ray machine!

11. Blue Meanie

BONUS!! My "Kinda Yellow" loose Victory Saber is not yellow at all. One swipe with a mild cleaner and WAM, Bright friggin white! EXCELLENT!!

12. Blue Meanie

Just the Box, no biggie I could do with him anyway, he's just for my prime collection. You have to be real careful when using a polishing wheel, they burn the plastic real easy. Practice on serious junkers first

13. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Blue Meanie, why are you hiding your Pepsi Prime's front half of the box in the pictures??

14. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey, I remember you! I was the Chinese guy in line before you!

My stuff comes in today supposedly. I've got an AFA'd BotCon Arcee I hope to God made the trip alright... :/

15. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

Was the Arcee slabed in acrylic? I think all AFA's come that way. It shouldn't have any problems if it was.

16. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Wow, you really went all out.

17. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Haul = Awesome.

18. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's an awesome haul. What exactly does the polishing wheel look like? Is it expensive, or simply an attachment for a dremel or drill? Ive got some old faded G1 TFs Id love to restore if possible.

19. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    That sucks about your stuff getting ruffed up but at lest you got it. I’m still waiting on my friggin’ e-mail and starting to get aggravated.

What day and time did you drop your stuff off with them? I was there around 1:30-2 on Sunday. If you all that got your stuff dropped off earlier then me I think I can rest a little easer.

20. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

I mentioned this on the TFCC board. Get boxes from dealers, bring bubble wrap in suitcase, "take" a bunch of newspapers from around the hotel and pack your stuff up. Use your credit card and hotel computer to print out USP postage. Give to hotel to add to their outgoing mail. Hotels mail stuff for guests all the time. I did this in Vegas with 15 pairs of shoes I bought at a Nike outlet store. No problem. Hell of lot quicker and cheaper.

The lady at the 7-11 a block up from the Biltmore gave me two really nice boxes for transport.

FYI. The post office was two blocks away from Biltmore hotel. Take a left at 7-11 store, then a right at next street.