UPS hates me.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by omagaprime, Feb 22, 2018.

1. omagaprime

omagaprime Well-Known Member

So I sent my autographed Masterpiece Bumblebee to get AFA graded, and because I have sent two figures before with UPS I didn't think there would be any problems. Well I was wrong. I have just learned that even after asking me if it's a collectable ( clue number one.) They put tracking stickers ON THE BOX! Even over the signature. Clue number two should have been when they asked if I wanted to open the package to put the paperwork inside. Are you clueless, doesn't the term collectable mean anything to you? Here are some pictures AFA sent back to me. I could kill somebody. SAM_6592.JPG SAM_6593.JPG SAM_6604.JPG

2. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait. You took that into the UPS store and they shipped it as is, without a cardboard box?

Also: pic two looks like its been shrink wrapped and the labels are on that...

I'm confused.

• Like Like x 10
  3. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Primus! I don't really know all that much regarding AFA, but having a damn label on an autograph is such a dick move. I mean, yeah the dude most likely ain't a collector, but why would you put a label on a Autograph?!?! I'm very sorry that this happened to you. :(  Did you complain?

4. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Did you drop off the figure at a UPS Store to be packaged and shipped? Can you peel the shipping labels off of the box without damaging it? Try it. Just take your time.

5. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Not certain why you'd want to AFA grade that, anyway. The corners of the packaging are easily going to knock it down to 7.9 or less right out the gate. I'd just save your money and stick it in a clear case.

• Like Like x 2
  6. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why didn't you box it up yourself?

• Like Like x 16
  7. omagaprime

That's what I thought too but AFA confirms the labels are on the box

8. omagaprime

I am sure going to.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    Yeah, you need to provide more details.

As others have asked, why didn't you put the figure's box in a brown cardboard shipper?

• Like Like x 4
  10. GiganGoji

GiganGoji Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What is happening with UPS lately?
    We ordered a dress for my fiancée for our wedding. UPS claims that my address (the correct address, quadruple checked by myself, the company that sent the dress, and how it appears on the shipping box itself) was incorrect, so they sent it to my old address. In another state. Where I no longer live. No idea how they got my old address, and how they could get that information without getting my email address or phone number and contacting me to ask.

But HOLY SHIT I can't believe they did that to your figure. I've seen Amazon do that, but not UPS.

• Like Like x 1
  11. omagaprime

I've sent figures threw them before and they've packaged it. They frickin asked if it was collectable. You'd think I'd want it protected.

12. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

Shit, dude. You gotta box it up next time!

• Like Like x 4
  13. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can go on for hours about UPS horror stories. $100k paintings being ruined, etc.

NEVER, I REPEAT, NEVER ALLOW UPS TO BOX AN ITEM FOR YOU!!!!

Not only do they charge you an insane boxing fee, and for tape, they will never package an item better than you can.

If you want to know why this was done, look no further than DIMENSIONAL WEIGHT.

UPS charges based on dimensional weight now instead of actual weight. If you fill a 9x9x9" box with lead it will cost less to ship than a 25x12x12" box with a single feather in it.

So boxing your figure, that is already in a box, would have cost far more than slapping a label on it.

14. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Yeah, if your sending something out for AFA grading, I recommend you bubble wrap it and box it up.

You kind of learned an important lesson. The guy shipping 100s of packages a day doesn't care about your individual package. So you should. Works in other parts of life as well.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    THIS TIMES A MILLION !! Dude you are crazy as hell for leaving a unboxed MP with any one , and expecting them to deliver it for you . Box that shit yourself , and use over night shipping via USPS.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I kinda have to put the blame on the OP here. No clue why in the world if you're sending something you consider valuable to be value graded that you'd trust anyone else to package it. If you hand it over to another party who charges for the service of packaging and shipping the item for you, they will always try to maximize their own profits and pack and ship the item for as little as possible. Hopefully lesson learned here.

tl;dr this thread is dumb.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Jazz1992

Jazz1992 Adult Toy Collector....that came out wrong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sucks but why not box it yourself? Yes, i am victim blaming. Also USPS all the way

• Like Like x 2
  18. johnchow604

johnchow604 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The UPS boxing fee should would show up on your receipt as a separate line item from the shipping fee. I shipped an iMac using them and paid for them to box it up. They charged me labour and the box/packaging materials.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Diecast G2

Diecast G2 Transtectorless

News Credits:
    Here's the thing: UPS Stores are independently owned. It's entirely up to how much the owner cares about providing a good service. I worked at one a few years back and we were trained extensively on how choose the right size box, how to make custom shaped boxes, pack things properly, how to double box super valuable stuff... But the store a couple blocks over was owned be a completely different guy. You were lucky if they even had packing peanuts for packing boxes that week.

We drilled customers about how they packed the things they wanted shipped, because most of the time we did better. OP's clearly had a bunch of lazy bums.

20. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Based on my experience with how some packages are delivered by some carriers, I would honestly not trust them to package anything unless I was watching them do it myself.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1