UPS/BBTS weird shipping charge.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SPLIT LIP, Jun 25, 2012.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I hope this is an error. I purchased a big order from BBTS not long ago and selected UPS air mail since I wanted it fast. On top of speedy delivery it was stated that the shipping method I selected would include brokerage costs and GST plus there may be be an additional charge of around $5. All well and good, shipping's like $35 something but whatever. Well, today UPS leaves a notice on my door saying I owe $35 something in brokerage fees for this package. dafuq? That's over $70 total spent on shipping! That can't be right. I've emailed BBTS asking exactly what the mystical fuck happened and hopefully they can sort it out.

Is this just something that happens? I mean, I specifically opted for the option that didn't include brokerage fees at the door. Am I going to end up paying for it twice?

2. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Where do you live?

3. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Canada. Ontario, specifically.

It's not so much the final cost as it's telling me I need to pay for something I already paid for. Did the UPS dude just check the wrong box?

4. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Sounds like a customs charge, I get these all the time when ordering from bbts.

5. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    That's what I thought at first. But here's the thing, I already paid that. I chose the shipping method that let me pay brokerage already. Specifically, the note has a check next to "Brokerage C.O.D. due" and then $35.15.

EDIT: Okay, here's the actual quote from the selected method:

See, it clearly states that brokerage is included in the cost. (brokerage includes customs) And that I should only have to pay $5.85 at the door.

I'm no stranger to BBTS. I know how their shipping works. This must be an error. I just hope they get back to me before 1:00 tomorrow because otherwise I won't be able to pick up my package for a while. (and I do really want this package)

6. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I'd say just go pay it and get it. UPS probably doesn't care. If there was an error BBTS will handle it either way. No reason to delay receipt of plastic crack.

7. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Yeah, that seems like the best option.