Upgrading the autobots?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by rich_prime, Feb 13, 2011.

1. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    Do you like the idea of the autobots getting upgrades in DOTM?

As far as every mech tech toy I seen looks like everybody getting a upgrade

the wreckers , bumblebee, prime , ironhide

2. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think they very well might. The SB spot showed Ratchet melting down a Decepticon with a flamethrower, and Prime obviously had much bigger guns. We'll see what happens to the rest.

3. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still disagree with the consensus Ratchet is using a Flamethrower in that scene. You can clearly see if you watch it frame by frame that hes shooting a large round from his gun followed by smoke and the impact caused the con being hit to blow up in flames, and since Ratchet was standing so close it created the allusion he was firing a flamethrower.

That aside theirs a good chance, its possible they do get new weapons, unrelated to Mechtech and Hasbro simply used it to create a new gimmick for the deluxe line. Prime being the most obvious example.

4. Sideways77

Sideways77 some garbage is okay

News Credits:
    Always Autobots....

Why can't Cons get upgrades? Megatron's revival (If you count it as an upgrade) only made him worse.

5. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

yes autobots should get upgrades to kick more ass :D 

6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Cons don't need upgrades, they ain't the pussies in the story.:dj 

7. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Well he gets a cape this time, if that's of any consolation to you.

8. Orbital

News Credits:
    Ironic thing to say seeing how they've been push-overs in the last two films :p 
    But I'm pretty sure theirs a strong chance the Decepticons will get additional weapons if the Autobots do, seeing as Starscream got that sword in the mechtech line, it might allude to something he has in the film.

9. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Doing a frame by frame only makes me more definite in my thinking that it is a flamethrower. Ratchet stands, fires a short burst of flames, which engulf the Con, and then he stops. If it's not a flamethrower, it's definitely some sort of beam rifle. But the look of it makes it look like flames are spewing from his gun.

EDIT: However, I can see where you're coming from, and you may in fact be right. The shot is barely a second long so it is too short to tell for sure.

10. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Yeah, so unfortunate.

What's been seen in the films is nothing but fiction, to me. The cons, well in my sketches/mind are the heavy hitters.

I always wanted a scene displaying Scrappers heavy hits on primes puny body. . oh man it would have been great! his macing breaking primes chest!:ev: 

11. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    where is this in the trailor and how on earth do you make it go frame by frame? everytime I slide the scroll bar it jumps and doesn't give me a frame by frame and I don't remember any shot closeup enough to Ratchet to tell if he is usin ga flamethrower or not

12. Orbital

News Credits:
    hey, just watch it on quicktime, and rather than using your mouse to scroll the bar, use the direction keys on your keyboard. Its right from when you see Prime flying into that battle zone in the tv spot. Ratchet is on the bottom left.

13. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

The Autobots probably get upgrades because of the Einstein character who may well be Wheeljack. There might have been a ton of stuff lying around in the Ark to use as well.
    But mainly because they're going to need them. There are LOTS of cons to go up against this time.

14. PredaconX

PredaconX Decepticon Combiner

Well judging by the SB trailer we know OP def gets an upgrade, whether if its for the whole movie is a diff story.

Id def like to see all of the Bots get upgrades since like mentioned above, there are ALOT more cons this time around.

As for the flamethrower, re-watching the trailer its really hard to tell, it could look like either a thrower or him shooting one of his guns real close to the Con.

I think a combination of a gun shot followed by a flamethrower burst to finish the kill would be sick.

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Given how weak the Decepticons have been in the last two films it just seems a bit like overkill to give the Autobots something to make it even easier to slaughter Decepticons. Prime and Bumblebee are already been cutting down Decepticons like Jedi cutting down druid troopers so we need to give the Decepticons even less of a chance now?

Any more to the Autobots just makes it seem like a cage match between Chuck Norris and Aunt May from the Spiderman films. We already know the outcome of the film because there is no way Bay ends it with a Decepticon win but it shouldn't be so one sided as to be a boring forgone conclusion. Easy good guy wins just aren't very epic.