upgrade set energon dev

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ssjkazer, Apr 21, 2011.

1. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    has anyone made a upgrade set for energon devastator ?

if not what would you like to see in it

i for one would like to see a mixmaster and longhaul added as new limps just like combatacons

i would also like to see a new head something more g1and a new gun and some actul hands

2. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Nope, no upgrade kits for that set.

I personally don't like it and would much rather see a new mold... like the TFClub Devastator!

3. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kidbash were going to make a kit for energon devs but they changed there game plans part way through

I think the furthest they got was converting sledge into longhaul i cant find pictures of it right now though

4. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko Some Internet Guy

I would totally love it... I still need to finish that devastator though... Got's me a body and a arm/leg... now I just need three more, and my ghetto-devastator is complete. -cackle-

5. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd love a better version, but I think that figure is really beyond upgrade kits. If the center guy wasn't made of suck and fail, then maybe it could be done a la FP Bruticus.

6. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    its actually not that big a fail. I love him, I thought of the 3 original energon combiner he was done the best.

7. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ^^This. 110%

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I'd like to see one. I really wish FP would've made an upgrade set for this. I'd even be cool with the idea of this Devastator being a 5-bot combiner instead of the familiar 6-bot format.

9. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Yeah xD I am glad I am not the only one who thinks so. If you put the 2 crane as arms, he gets 2 crane rail cannons. HE looks boss to me (at least before FP bruticus came)

10. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

I'd like one too. I think they could actually add 3 new bots, 2 for limbs, and one to add on top of the chest with a new combined mode head. That would make him a 6 bot gestalt.

11. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i like the figure, i dont use the energon parts i use as exomega said, the cranes as arms and the other two as legs.

but we have the tfc dev coming out so i find it hard to believe FP would do one.

it could sell as people might want a cheaper alternative, but at the same time if FP announced one, the prices would go even higher for those figures.

maybe they will wait till after tfc comes out with theirs and go from there?

12. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I do mine the exact same way. He's easily the most posable of all of the combiners vanilla, and I think a lot of people saying that he's "not worth it" are so used to FP upgrades for Bruticus and Superion that they were way bigger pieces of shit than Devastator beforehand.

And as I've said before, the TFClub Devastator isn't a competition outside of having the Devastator namesake, because the price of it alone has already segregated a certain amount of fans, and, with these items being aimed at collectors, I think most people who are going to shell out the cash for TFClub Devy would buy both.

And, oh well at it "spiking up the price" of Classics Devastator. FP upgrades have done that with every single product they're for and have never had a problem selling out.

13. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I liked Bruticus a bit more than Devastator, but I agree it's not that bad a toy. While I like the look of the shovel on his shoulder in combined mode, it really limits articulation and I don't see anything that a 3rd party company could do to make it more like G1 "Devastator."

14. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Well, it pose fine enough for me. Also, wasn't its name "Constructicon Maximus" and not Devy? I mean, personally, I don't relate him to devy. Maybe that's why I am ok with him.

15. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I'm in the "Devastator came out better than the others and doesn't necessarily need a kit" camp. The cranes make good stable feet, instead of asking you to try and balance the figure on thin brittle cylinders (like what happens when you use the helicopter as a leg, such as in Nexus Maximus' official setup -_-), and the front loaders make awesome arms, they have great elbow joints (unlike, well, most of the limbs) and their claw-weapons look more like hands than any of the other limbs' attempts. Only thing I don't like is the shovel-shoulder.

Everyone else seems to be using the cranes as arms and front loaders as legs, but I do mine the other way around, and I've always been happy with the result:

Well-balanced articulation!
    [​IMG]

Poseable grabby claws really work!
    [​IMG]

16. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty sure the original release was "Constructicon Maximus" and the Classics release was "Constructicon Devastator," "Decepticon Devastator" or something like it.

17. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's not just the FP upgrades we're used to. These figures came out six years ago, the engineering overall has improved a ton since then.

I think if Steamhammer didn't have such a butt-ugly face in combined mode and weren't so flat-chested I'd probably like it a lot more. The limbs are pretty good honestly and they can have some joints. But Steamhammer... ick.

18. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    agreed in that, the head could be better, but it isn't too bad. I love the crane arms, you can really be creative and they have elbows.

19. Kadrin

Kadrin Well-Known Member

Agree.

Mine has crane arms because the front makes great claws, and he totes good elbows and arm articulation.

Short of a chest plate, the dudes perfect, such a great mould, especially given how long it took me to get at retail in the UK...

20. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That would be awesome