Upgrade, Add to Collection?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I've been thinking about the CD Devestator upgrade kits lately. However, at the prices their going for, I could add quite a few more figures to my collection.
    Are the Devestator upgrades really worth it despite the price?
    Or should I just add onto the collection and forget about upgrading Devestator?
    My G1 Devy look's great the way he is, but I would love the beefing up, articulation, and the LED eye.
    I was shopping at BBTS earlier this morning and noticed that G1 Predaking reissue should be out any time soon. I think for the $200 I have to spend, that would be worth more than upgrading Devy. Agree?

2. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Agreed. I think the pricing on those CrazyDevy parts are ridiculous. And the fact that you have to buy everything separately.

3. Tigertrack

I wouldn't mind paying $150-200 for a complete package. But when you have to pay $30-50 a piece and hunt all over the net for them, it just doesn't seem worth it. You can never seem to find all the parts in one location, and I'd hate to have only half of the lot.
    For me it's all or nothing.
    Makes that $190 Predaking really tempting.

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Get Predaking, not a stupid pile of parts. This is pretty much the no-brainiest no-brainer thread I've seen in a month.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Personally I won't be buying anything from Crazy Devy until they lower those asinine prices, so I'd use the money on something else. But the choice is really yours. If you'd rather have the upgrades then by all means go for it. It does sound to me like price and bang for your buck is important to you though.

6. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I badly want a decent Devastator for my classics collection and from the pics I've seen, the G1 figure with Crazy Devy's add-ons seems by far the best looking option.

But I will NEVER EVER buy it/them, because of the utterly retarded prices and distribution of the kits.

7. Tigertrack

If they'd offer a complete package instead of hunting down the individual parts, then I'd think they'd be worth it.
    Plus, the Predaking reissue should be available anytime soon and I don't want to miss it.

8. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

It's all down to timing and availability. For example, you wouldn't buy 5 deluxes at retail instead of one figure only available online which worked out at the same overall cost, because the deluxes will most likely be readily available in stores for a long time after the online figure has sold out.

For my money, the best thing to do is buy rarest first, regardless of price and pick up multiple cheaper figures whenever you can later down the line.

When the FP Bruticus add-on figures or Protector armour has sold out and tripled its price on the secondary market, those 5 HFTD deluxes will still be on the shelves, possibly even discounted.

9. Tigertrack

I've missed out on a lot of figures since I started collecting so late in the game.
    I'd rather not miss Predaking, but at the same time, these upgrade kits are getting harder and harder to find.
    Once you have all the CD upgrade parts for Devestator, and you have it all built, it does look incredibly awesome! And it's that awesomeness that's making me want those upgrades.
    But again, hunting for all those parts is a bitch!

10. Mark94

Mark94 Well-Known Member

worth it in my opinion. Got all the parts early on and they're great. Worth the price to me.

Mark

11. Tigertrack

Your one of the lucky ones. As I said, I was late in the game of collecting TF's and missed out a lot.

Wished I was interested in the Alternators when they first came out and were readily available everywhere.

12. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I cant justify the prices they are asking for the parts. Although I'd really like to get the upper legs, if nothing else. But when I look at the price of just that part, I still cant justify it to myself. Maybe if I had alot more disposeable income, I'd be more into it, since all the parts combined do make one awesome Devestator.

13. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I buy usually almost all CrazyDevy parts.... and I'm pretty satisfied. Devastator is re-born with their kits and so will the great Predaking ! Are them pricey ? Yes, without any doubt, but it's the price of the glory :D 

14. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Those devy upgrades looks really good. But I would only seriously thing of getting them if they were released in a box set. Even then not sure I would pull the trigger. Now if they could pull of an "FP" and give us a Long Haul and Mixmaster with engineering for an feasible combination mode for the Classics Devy, then maybe I'd go in my wallet for them.

15. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    I personally like my G1s unmodified.
    I'd go for something else...

16. Tigertrack

I decided to pre-order Predaking. Thank's guys! :)