Upgradable Weapons in WFC 2

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by scorpio-prime, Aug 5, 2011.

1. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

This is an idea I thought would be great for Escalation mode. I often find that after so many waves, the game can start to become boring and frustrating, especially when the enemies get tougher and you find yourself buying ammo as often as you're actually shooting. Upgradable weapons would add a further level of depth and excitement to the game, and give you something to do with all those extra points besides buying Overshields.

Upgrading is simple - just buy a duplicate of a weapon you already have, and rather than simply get an ammo refill, the weapon is upgraded another level:

Level 1: Standard weapon
    Level 2: 25% extra ammo
    Level 3: 25% extra magazine capacity
    Level 4: 25% extra damage
    Level 5: Special (varies depending on weapon)

Photon Burst Rifle > Full Auto: Becomes a rapid fire weapon - simply hold the trigger to unleash a stream of bullets

EMP Shotgun > Thundershock Shells: Increases weapon damage by a further 75% - yep, double damage!

Energon Battle Pistol > Cerebro Lock: Automatically targets enemies heads when Fine Aim is used.

Scatter Blaster > Blaze Away: Increases magazine capacity by a further 75%.

Null Ray > Rail Gun: Reveal enemy locations ALA Orbital Beacon whenever Fine Aim is used. In addition, can now fire through walls and scenery.

Plasma Cannon > Nucleon Charge: Adds a forth charge level to the cannon whereby the signal lights change red, before unleashing a Nucleon Shot.

Thermo Rocket Launcher > Omni Lock: Can now lock onto Robot modes aswell as vehicles - in addition, four lock ons can be achieved simultaneously, providing all targets are in sight at the same time.

Magma Frag Launcher > Magma-tism: Increases the 'stick' radius of the mines threefold, giving them an almost homing effect

Scrapmaker > Hypershot: Weapon starts firing at its previous maximum firing speed, increasing to DOUBLE its rate of fire. Extremely powerful, but also eats up your ammo.

Energon Repair Ray > Healing Touch: Fully recharges allies health with a single shot - sounds overpowered? Well, you HAVE just spent nearly 6000 points on it.

2. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    i want there to be a fusion canon and primes ion blaster as weapons you can use in esscalation.

3. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Scorpio, you should really just work at HMS. All of your ideas thus far have been excellent.

4. Ranger Silver 6

Ranger Silver 6 Avatar by Pinpoint

Great ideas, but a couple of those weapens could be abused by people that want easy kills.

5. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

If it was as simple as just sending them a CV then trust me, I'd have applied long ago! But thankyou regardless.