Updates on ROTF Leader class Starscream?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OmarJT82, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I've heard there might be a Leader BUMBLEBEE shipping with Leader SS, but I've not been able to confirm it.

2. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

I... I hope not. A Leader Blackout I pray, but... why would we need a leader BB?

3. Evil_the_Nub

Evil_the_Nub Well-Known Member

I think it's a custom, made from the 07 leader Megatron. He has the same feet.

4. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    No idea. I'm not thrilled at the prospect either, just passing along what I'd heard.

5. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Is the Supreme Bumblebee selling THAT well? Not to mention two versions of the Deluxe, with two redecos in the pipeline. A Leader BB would make a BB in every size except Scout and Voyager (and Ultra, but that's not in the movie line, and he has a Human Alliance).

Of course, if the Leader has a transforming gun arm and a nice mask gimmick I bet some collectors would buy it. Even so...wow, talk about a toy that wouldn't be in scale with ANYTHING else. Has there ever been a Leader-class car?

I guess it WOULD continue the upcoming subline's "paired enemies" thing. :p 

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, I never thought I'd say this, but I'm really getting Bumblebeed out.

7. Heat Blast

Heat Blast Laserbeak's Stunt Double

News Credits:
    I want Leader class Constructicons that can make Devs (w/ or w/o th balls... I don't care)!

8. Heat Blast

Heat Blast Laserbeak's Stunt Double

News Credits:
    What about the Arcee Sisters?

9. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    So Hasbro's (seemingly) willing to give us another new leader mold, and it can't be fucking Grindor? It has to be ANOTHER BB? The supreme and human alliance BB aren't enough?

10. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Fix'd.

And QFT.

11. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

Oh dear God don't say that! I can't take another year of the movie shit.

12. U.Magnus80

U.Magnus80 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    ^.....As ridiculously unlikely this would be, it would be AMAZING!!! I wouldn't even care about the cost.

As for Leader SS. I've been waiting with baited breath. More fore the fact that I didn't pick up the voyager because I really want a leader sized F-22.

13. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    With a late 2010 release date, how much are people expecting to see of it? I also doubt it's been cancelled. There are few characters coming next year that actually featured in the RotF film. The "He was in the film, mom, I need him" factor works in Starscream's favour.

14. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:

In TF1 Blackout was the first TF to appear, he attacked the base and survived most of the movie.

In TF2 Grindor appeared when he picked up the car, and not long after Prime had ripped his face off.

I'd contend that Blackout had a bigger role than Grindor.

15. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    true but neither had very much screen time and as for the possible leader class BB i agree enough already but as BB is hot with kids Hasbro may be thinking "build it and they will come" and they have a fair likely hood of being right as for the constructicons that is not likely but id like a Human alliance Devy with Simmons holding a radio so one could re in act his scene on the pyramid lol " I am under the enemy scrotum"

16. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Deal with it and move the hell on. Get your sackcloth, finish wailing, and get on with your life.

17. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    ....Wow I hope that Bumblebee rumor isn't true. I'm not one of those people obsessed with getting a Leader Blackout, but a leader Bumblebee is just insane. I'd rather see The Fallen, even with the inevitable lackluster alt mode, in a leader size.

As for Starscream, I have high hopes for him. I think his naturally "wide" design will make it so the batteries and gimmicks don't mess with his look all that much.

18. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

[Rant]

So here's what I don't get- Let's check out the Leaders from the past movies-

Optimus Prime
    Megatron
    Brawl
    Premium Prime
    Premium Megatron
    Nightwatch Optimus Prime
    Desert Attack Brawl
    Optimus Prime
    Megatron
    Jetfire
    Starscream

Now, as for Optimus and Megatron, you kind of can't have a TF line without them, so they're given a break. Brawl was... a little out of left field. Small role in the movie, but the chance to have a Leader Class figure of an obscure character, and the figure turned out to be TOTALLY awesome.

Now, Jetfire I understand, because they wanted to do the JetPrime combo. Starscream, I'm so happy about, because I love the design and I feel he needs a large mold. But if they even DARE to do Premiums or Repaints of Megatron of Jetfire (I'm excluding Prime because I love Prime Repaints, especially on the RoTF mold) instead of two more new leaders for next year, I'm going to be furious. There are some characters who just DESERVE to have better figures. Blackout is the primary example, of course, but what about the truly awesome designs like Scrapper, who didn't even have a figure? It annoys me so much that Hasbro would pass up the chance to have some cool new designs? I KNOW that it takes time and development, but it also makes money, and money is good! Money is awesome! Instead of having shelfwarming repaints, why don't you at least sell some leader molds that are new and interesting? They'll make more money because they're LEADERS and new, good-looking leaders will be bought no matter their price.

[/RANT]

19. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Nope. Sorry.

20. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    quit saying things that aren't true, it causes people to get the wrong information, and it makes the few that know the correct information constantly correct people....anyways, hasbro SAID universe will return fall 2010 at least in the deluxe size......and if i remember correctly, the new show will come out summer 2010 (don't quote me on that). so it is not all ROTF