Minor/Repaint: Updated Repaints!!!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by inturnmike, Dec 2, 2008.

1. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone! Attached are some pics of my updated repaints. Some may recall that I was asking around on here for painting tips a few months ago. At that point, I had already started Sunstorm and Thundercracker. Since I finished them, I was introduced to the wonders of the right way to use paint thinner! The gold and silver planes were completed after this, and are now just awaiting Decepticon reprolabels. You can see that the paint consistency is much better on those two. I will also be going back to Sunstorm and touching up chipped paint here and there before calling it a day with him. I may also paint the inside of the nosecone (that you see when showing Thundercracker's head) black or something. Let me know what you think!

-Mike

Attached Files:

2. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    WHo's The Gold and Silver Seeker?

3. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Those all look really good man. I'm also wondering if you've named the gold and silver ones or came up with backstory at all

4. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I like the group shots man! And you can see a definite improvement in your skills with the silver and gold Seekers! I would for sure redo Sunstorm and Thundercracker to bring them up to snuff! I also want to read a backstory or at least a bio on these to shiny 'bots!:thumbs2: 

5. inturnmike

I have named the gold one "Gold Digger" and the silver one "Silverback". I am still repainting a Dragstrip and a Red Alert. I'll probably try to finish those before I get back to more attempts at Sunstorm and T-cracker....

6. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Your two newest ones are sex-ay! What paints are those, they look smoooooooooth

7. inturnmike

It was weird. The gold and the silver are simply Testors enamel paint I got from a Michael's craft store. I didn't even have to use thinner, they went on so smooth! I did use thinner for the Testor's black paint, though. When I first put that on, it was super thick and I had to ask a hobby store clerk what the diference was. He then showed me how to correctly use the thinner to change the viscosity of the paint to where I wanted it. Going into these repaints, I had no idea they would be so time consuming and detailed, but I have enjoyed them (when I could put the time in)!

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    the gold one is similar to Black Starscream... nice seekers man.

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    We can never have enough Seekers :)  These look really great, especially the metallic ones! :thumb 

10. inturnmike

Thanks! I have one question, though. The black on the rubber nosecones has never fully dried on them. If I graze them with a finger while transforming them, I have to go back later and touch them up because a tiny bit of paint will always come off. I have sprayed these guys with a few light coats of Testor's Gloss Cote, but it still happens. Any thoughts?

11. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    enamel will never properly bond with the rubbery types of plastic such as that used in the nosecone. I dye mine, or you can use acryllics.