Updated release date for TRU Insecticons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cornholiocon, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Cornholiocon

Cornholiocon Up the irons!

Was wondering if there is any more news regarding the release of the G1 Insecticons (and Perceptor) through TRU. Last I heard it was early September but judging from the dearth of reports and my own searches they've yet to hit.
    Is there any new info on when they should be released? Does anyone know when the best days to hit TRU will be?

2. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, I'd like to know this too. These are the guys I've been waiting for the most for this year. They're out in Canada, Im beginning to wonder if Hasbro failed to explain it was a Canadian exclusive.

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Nope, nothing new. Toys aren't DVDs or movie premieres. But with Canada having them already, I expect a sighting to be reported any day now.

4. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    No update. I have been hitting my local TRU with the UPC about once a week, and nothing is on the manifest yet. Not sure if it will be on the manifest, or just show up as some sort of special shipment (my TRU said that they get a small secondary shipment on Saturdays).

As far as the best days to hit TRU, most stores get one major shipment a week (outside of Christmas season). Just go into your local store and ask them what night the truck comes in and most are more than happy to provide the info (just have to beat the scalpers to the loot).

Also, (atleast with my local store) being polite goes a long way. They really hate scalpers, and know that I am just a fan by now. I have had employees volunteer to hold a product and call me if it is on the truck. I didn't ask them to do this, or expect it, but it really goes a long way in keeping my business. But go armed with UPC/Stock Numbers cause the computer programs won't help much if you ask them "Do you know when you are getting Perceptor".

Outside of that, maybe pick up on the girls working there. My TRU has a couple cuties that I wouldnt mind getting an employee discount from.

5. M3GATRON

M3GATRON Well-Known Member

The toys r us close to me never got them yet. I picked up the Insecticons in a suburb outside the city. I should have gotten perceptor too but Fraked the dog on it.

6. U.Magnus80

U.Magnus80 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've been checking the all the TRU stores around here constantly and haven't found em. They dint have a spot for them yet either, so I don't think I'm missing them.