UPDATED: Pictures of MP-05 Megatron in Gun Mode & w/ accessories

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by refund, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

YEah thats true. I just don't get why some owuld rather a gun that is 1:1 than a robot mode that matches up with prime.

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    The scale of the gun mode doesn't matter a bit to me. I like the robot mode they've shown us so far and I really hope they don't scale it down for any gun-sized accuracy reasons.

3. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Quite right, and even the magnum has thin thighs, that's just what it takes to make the tranformation fit with out taking away from the alt mode

4. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I honestly feel that if the legs were made any thicker it would actually make the robot look more awkward

5. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    That's why I consider them, along with Blaster & Reflector, Desktop Transformers :)  Cool as little gadgets that transform into something, but not very good or practical ideas when trying to incorporate them into a TF universe full of jets, cars, trucks, construction vehicles, etc.

6. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

I'm with Protostar8. All I want is anime colors with that mold and I'll be EXTREMELY happy and thankful. I don't like the 'real world' colors you would get out of a gun because it just doesn't present that Megatron feel I'm so use to seeing from watching the show and seeing pictures from the comics in. I definatly would like a Pearl White, which is a Metallic white... Or at least something close to it with that mix of White and a touch of silver tint to it like Pearl White has.

AT any rate, they put the right colors on it and I'm in a debt of grattitude to Takara-Tomy for making that work of art. I'll be content and very happy.

I agree with the rest of us here from what I've read... I value the look of the robot mode a bit more than the Gun mode and that's the accuracy I'd rather have. Cause I do understand the challenges they are faced with that alt mode and making a solid sized accurate Megatron out of it.

7. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

In the off-chance that anyone reads my post...

I honestly would prefer no chrome. Every chrome toy I've ever had, has had the chrome paint chip off. I'd really prefer it if Megatron was just some kind of matte gray, so that the color he is, is the color of the plastic. Sure, having chrome Megatron would be cool (my gold-chrome Hyaku Shiki MG Gundam kit is just about the most beautiful thing I've ever seen), but in a few years time--or after a few transformations, it's gonna look like battle-damaged Megatron very, very fast.

Besides, if he was matte gray, it'd be closer to his cartoon appearance anyway.

So, I guess neither color will be a deal-breaker, but I'd prefer matte gray over chrome.

Now I just hope the first colored pics don't turn out to have Megatron be, like, all-black with a pink scope.

8. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    nah that'll be the Kiss Player repaint :D 

9. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Please please please TakaraTomy

Anime accurate Pearleacent white
    Or
    Light Gunmetalish grey with metalic flecks.