UPDATED: First Vector Prime Repaint Image on Walmart.com plus: Quickmix bio!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :rock 

A very tempting repaint. I probably won't pay full price for it, but if I can find it for half price, like right after Christmas when it's still clogging shelves...I'll buy it.

-Tony!

2. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Probably very little difference, actually. Looking at the paint apps that these pics have vs. what Cyb. VP has doesn't show much difference. There is some additional apps to the upper part of the torso. The tops of the shoulder plates don't have their paint app. There are a couple added to the forearm-guards and some removed, and the three front pelvis plates each have the lower part altered (sides have a paint app, the middle loses it). The big difference is in the front piece of the vehicle mode. No change in the number of colors or complexity of color patterns, just an almost completely different arrangement from the current paint apps.

Looking at the run-down, it's most likely that the differences from the promo pics and the model will be that the vehicle mode piece doesn't get such a drastic pattern-swap and the base gold color will be the same dull one used now, instead the shinier gold for these pics.

Maybe we'll get really lucky and they'll actually paint his cyber-key.

Overall, it sucks that we're going to have to wait until August to get this guy.

Primus, I hope not.

3. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  4. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

Very nice, I really like nice colour schemes like this it just looks so much better than toyish like colours for example: Dirtboss. Im not too keen on the orange though its a bit too bright perhaps silver or a darker brown would have worked better.

5. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Notice the complete lack of Autobot Symbols... I hope that stays true; because if I'm going to get this it'd make it easier to consider him some different character or perhaps an alternate version of VP without the faction symbol to muck it up indicating he clearly works soley for the Autobots.

6. TSFC

TSFC Banned

VP...rocks. o_O 

7. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually, I did understand exactly what he meant by 'doctored up'. If you had fully read and understood my complete post you would've noted what I said about the base coat especially (aside from everything else I did forget to mention that the blues wouldn't be shiny, big deal) and that whole thing that you just posted would have been completely unnecessary.

8. keitaro

keitaro Geekinator

Another reason why I don't like a lot of Hasbro's versions of the figures. And you remind me of the RiD days when the insignia were painted on obnoxiously when compared to the original. Why oh why can't Hasbro see this and just let the figures be who they represent? I could've sworn Cybertron Sideways being plastered/boxed as a Decepticon... when in fact his allegiance has always been with neither.

9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:

Indeed. I intend to give him Cyb Sideways Force Chip, I think it'll look nice.

When I mentioned when VP Repaint was announced that I'd like to see a Planet X/Nemesis style repaint, this isn't what I had in mind, but I like it. Surprisingly a lot, I'm actually looking forward to this bad boy.

Since we don't have a name, and I love the idea, let him be known as VP GTS. :lol 

10. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    "Golden Age" Vector Prime looks superb!

A definite buy for me....

I keep repeating that with these Cybertron repaints... the only one I'm skipping is Override.

-airfox

11. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Looks very nice. Good job Hasbro.

Doctored photo for sure, but we've seen enough of Hasbro's doctoring to know what the real deal will look like. I'm optimistic for this one.

12. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    he was actually boxed as both. Complete with half-and-half card cutout shape, as I recall, and dual-faction background.

13. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    Actually, honestly, now that it's been a while, the idea of Gold VP (GTS) is really sunk in, I think I'm looking forward to that more than any other TF this year.

14. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Never saw what hit 'em!

Looks like a golden age Vector Prime...
    I really think Hasbro should go easy with the redecos.

15. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    By "go easy" do you mean they shouldn't do so many of them? Because you know why Hasbro puts them out so often, right?

Short answer, it's a cheap way to get more toys on the shelves, and ensures that Hasbro makes cost-effective use of the money spent on engineering the molds. If there's any mold that doesn't see at least a second use, it's the exception these days, not the rule. That's not likely to change anytime soon.

(Yes, I'm aware that there are a few....)

16. Pravus Prime

News Credits:

Which always makes me wonder. What is it that makes Hasbro think they're better off having Override and Override GTS, than having, say Override and Overdrive?

Why do the repaints have to be the same character? We got Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp in Armada, and that didn't seem to sink them, and most of the G1 was based on the idea. It allows a larger "army" with less molds.

Have interests changed so much that we (consumers) only want a few core characters and will buy every variation of them (Ski-resort Batman) rather than diversify our interests? I don't know about anyone else, but I don't mind the same mold, different colors = Different characters idea, and in fact, welcome it to a degree.

17. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Well, they're not always the same character. We have Hardtop and Swindle & Clocker and Swerve. Some repaints are "upgrades" of the same character. Some are different characters. It's been this way for a while.

18. Tman978

Tman978 CHILL REVIEWER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I am so gonna Impulse buy Vector Prime. He looks sweet!! Makes me wanna throw the white one in the thrash.

19. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    That looks really good...I might have to get it if I have some spare cash...I bought the Starscream/ Vector Prime 2 pack so I could paint VP into Alpha Trion...so a Trio of the mold would look pretty cool on display:) 

20. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It may have something to do how well more character-based franchises are doing. Take Power Rangers. They have 5 characters per line (ok, maybe 8 tops). Each of the main 5 or whatever comes out with like 15 different versions during the run of a line. And PR outsells Transformers every year. It's kind of the same thing with Star Wars too, certain characters will sell really well so they can keep making lots of version of it.