Updated Battlebeast?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lt. Faceless, May 23, 2011.

1. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I coned myself into getting some of the blindpack Megoblocs for halo(i was looking for the clear one).I ended up with 2 brutes and 2 marines.I was never was a big fan of HALO and just stuck these on my TF shelf to get them out of myway.Seen the Marines make for a nice NEST scale sqaud for the classics and the Brutes.Put some Lego weapons in there hands and a little customizing,instant Battlebeast.In my head the 2 i have are Tiger and Bear of the wood tribe,here are some pics. Threw in a pic of them gaurding a energon stash.

2. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    I WISH Hasbro had decided to keep and refresh the property, especiallly if they acknowleged the TF-roots and brought the into the brand-tent. I agree the blind-pack mini figs are just too darn fun, and a PERFECT fit for Beastformers.

But with Minimates getting (and as far as I cna tell hamfistedly failing to get any momentum for) the license in the last few years, I doubt we'll be seeing any real BB updates anytime soon :/

3. blue death

blue death TokuNation Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup this pretty much sums it up. Aside from the SDCC Green Gator Battle Beast and the C2E2 black repaint of it from last year the minimates license hasn't done much with these guys. And unfortunately probably won't for the forseeable future.

4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I'd be all over updated Battle Beasts (assuming they maintained the same feel as the originals). I'm actually currently in the process of finishing up my 80's Battle Beast collection. As a side note, these little buggers can really add up.

I'd like to see Battle Beasts (which are largely forgotten, especially in their relationship to Transformers) folded back into the mythos. Maybe tie them in with Beast Wars or G1 Pretenders or something; make them an offshoot of Pretender organic tech, with both animal and cybernetic components. Maybe they're evolved from a lost tribe of Beast Wars bots, who have lost the ability to transform. There are any number of clever ways to explain their existence. Maybe partner them with Beast Wars characters, HA-style.

5. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    SOOOO many good options, even if you decide that the Elemental-Rock-paper-Scissors and/or Planet Beast concepts are too dippy to save, there are just a million great ways to integrate them.

Unicronian-antibodies would even work for me :lol 

But alas, I doubt Hasbro will ever consider this, probably not anywhere near their radar, and even a huge lobbying effort wouldn't help.

OTOH we got a Straxus toy, and who would have expected that?

6. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

In one of the DDP crossover books.Thats what the battlebeast were used for.I think thats what they were.I just consider it one of the many planets the transformers have visited.