Update on the Prime vs. Megatron Target set?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Steevy Maximus, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    I'm curious, Has anyone tried using the DPCI for the Target Optimus Prime vs Megatron set?

According to Mouth04 of the Allspark, they were shipping to warehouses in mid June, are these reaching stores? Or are they waiting for a post reset endcap? Or am I just bringing up this topic too soon?

2. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I thought he was just telling us that Primus was shipping. The other stuff was just being seen in the computer systems. If it were shipping already then I think we would have seen packaged shots or something like that by now.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I try the code every few days. It shows up but says zero is in stock...

4. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I keep trying to bring up the 7/30 planogram on our computers but the number always comes back "No planograms meet that criteria." I'm guessing the online planograms will drop into our system a couple weeks before the transistion week. I'll keep checking it out.

BTW, what's the DPCI so I can check it to see if it has the same planogram number attached to it.

5. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    087-06-1994

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    ...this isn't exclusive to just us is it? I thought someone had said that it was going to be mass retail because it was showing up in TRU computer systems alongside the Primal Vs. Megatron two-pack.

7. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    if these actually are new molds, we'll most likely see test shots before the release, so chances are we're a minimum of 4 months away...

8. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Yes, yes I need some psychological reassurance after seeing that the BWR set can now be brought at 1/2 the price in the US now.... :banghead: 

*waits patiently for the target set*:D 

9. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Or perhaps Hasbro was able to keep a lid on it for a change....well, at least a little longer anyway.

10. Dark Magnus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I put the prime vs. megs DPCI in my PDA (our scanner guns for those unhip to target speak) and the set came up "Not on planogram." Basically what that means is there's no planogram in the system for the set, which means its not coming in for a while. I also punched up the classics mini-cons DPCI and it said the same thing.

So the set IS NOT coming out with the 7/30 set. It will be set in toy sometime later.

11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Does that mean we're getting it with one of the revisions before and during Christmas or are we getting it after Christmas? Food for thought. Hopefully before, but I'm thinking after all things considering. Of course, the way those new laptop esque things of yours work... you probably won't be able to tell anything until a week away from the set date.

12. Dark Magnus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    True, but the PDAs seem to show the planogram numbers bout a month before the set date. S i'll just need to randomly check the DPCIs through the PDAs.

13. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    The image I saw had the two figures packaged in Classics packaging. It did state "Fall" as the release date. It comes with a DVD titled "Battle Through the Ages" ... anything more than that I'm not sure on.

14. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

Hey Kickback, in your previous post describing these items (Slow News Day #2 I think) you mentioned that Prime's truck mode looked very similar to RM Prime's truck mode. Did you mean 'gappy', or just the general appearance of a COE red truck?

15. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    So, you're saying that the PDA's are more reliable than the laptops huh? Yay for new technology from Target!

16. Dark Magnus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, the MSA is merely an overly expensive tablet used to give us POG members access to only one of workbench's many programs. The fault lies in the online planogram database which doesn't seem to get updated until a few weeks before the planogram set date.

The numbers are in our systems many months in advance. Thus we're able to print out the planogram adjacency calendar a couple of months before the set dates on most weeks.

The best way to describe what goes on with not being able to view the planograms is this. Before we went paperless, we got our planograms exactly 2 weeks before the set date. I'm guessing target is following a similar pattern with making online planograms available for viewing.