Update from sponsor Tempting Toys

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Deefuzz, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Man those Convoys are kind of a let down. I just got mine and their arms are crazy short when you try to pose them. I also feel like they should have some waist movement for costing $50 each and the back is where most of the metal parts are stored so he wants to fall backward all the time. Wait for these to go on inevitable clearance!

3. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I got the red one and he is AWESOME! These are what TF's should be.

4. tominatrix

tominatrix Member

so is he AWESOME or a let down?

5. Crimson Primus

Crimson Primus Deceptinut

IT is impossible to be let down by this toy....

why is red more expensive then silver though...:crazy: 

6. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Overall he's cool. Great transformation if you like binaltech/alternators style of complicated, which I do. Great detail and the head sculpt is awesome.

On the downside if you try to use his arms for poses you will notice they are pretty short if you compare them to, say, how far they extend past his chest. The arms look really short when aiming his arm cannons. He has no waist movement and for me that'sa huge let down

All in all the figure is pretty cool, fun to transform and he looks great if you like your TFs to just stand there. Mobility isn't perfect and the car mode has a lot of lines that detract from the overall look.

Oh and I'd say the red is more expensive based on how many pre-orders the site got. I think the red is better cuz it's more vibrant. I opened my Silver one first thinking I might just use him as a new character and sell the Red one off but I broke and opened the Red one too and I like it more

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  7. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot

News Credits:
    I got both of them and this is transformer evolution.
    Both modes are perfect!

In my opinion this beats Alternators by miles.

@Lucs:
    Uhm waist movement is about the only thing missing, but definatly shouldnt be a dealbreaker. It got better looks than the avarage movie toy and even has interiour.

pic one of these or both up, you wont be sorry. Now megatron i dont really know if its going to be that good :/.

8. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Transformers evolution? Are you kidding? Is it because it takes the best of the Alternators line and adds auto-morph tech? I'm not a big fan of my TFs transforming themselves. I'll admit it was kind of cool on a few movie toys.

What about how it's back weighted making it hard to pose without falling backwards?

I don't know if Megatron will be as good as Convoy but there is no evidence that says it'll be worse. My only gripe about Megs so far is no arm cannon or any guns. I'd rather all figures in the line either have both guns and melee weapons or just one of the sort ie they both have melee or both have guns

9. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

that is only because, red has more pigmentation in it, so that the paint itself costs more ;) 
    that is a fact ;) 
    Every red in more expensive than just any color

10. rherk

rherk KNERDOUT

Ebay:
    I think it's because the red one is selling out faster. Check most major online import dealers and you will see the red one's sold out and the silver ones still available.

11. FrankyWest

I'm talking down to the basics here... get a red car or a blue car, and you'll see that the red is more expensive,
    buy paint for canvas, and you'll see the same.
    Buy paint for your walls, and the same applies

12. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    I wouldn't say that. I just picked up two gallons of red paint for my daughter's room. It was the same price as the other colors.

13. FrankyWest

look into mettallic not enamel ;) 

14. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Come on dude. I see you're trying to make a point about red being more expensive (which may be the case) but it's selling for a higher price because demand is higher for it. Online retailers are pricing for demand. Originally they were the same price to start with.

Go to any used car dealer and ask why the yellow trucks are cheaper and it's because they don't have as high of a demand. I've never asked about the price of red cars so I would have no idea about that

15. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    I did.

But I was commenting on wall paint, which you said red would be more expensive then other colors, and you're wrong.

As for metallic paints, my uncle owns a body shop, so i'm very familiar with paint prices. Red paint does not automatically mean it's more expensive.

16. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot

News Credits:
    In my opinion, since it indeed has the best of Alternators on a regular transformer scale adding huge amount of movement and complex transformations, then yes i consider it an evolution.

I agree on the somewhat harder posability that they have because f the heavy back. I wonder if a plastic back would make a difference....

I never sayd Megatron is bad, I dont know if he will be that good is what I said. Atleast I noted the skinny legs on pictures and he seemingly has the same transformation as convoy. Which wouls be somewhat of a letdown for me as a second figure. And offcourse i agree on the armcannon. i still hope its in there somewhere like the artwork.

17. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    AWESOME! If you like Die cast and rubber wheels. A let down, if you like cheap plastic that breaks.

The way I see, this is an awesome upgrade from G1 toys. G1 toys were real vehicles with die cast/plastic and rubber wheels, that transformed into robots. Here, we have a vehicle that looks nicer and sleeker and transforms into an even better robot.

18. Hikuro

Hikuro Matrix Bearer

Ebay:
    I finally went and ordered a Red GT-R Prime...gotta stick to the scheme in my opinion ;) 
    I'm really looking forward to this...I hope Alternity has a long and healthy line up! I know my old man isn't much for TF's but he's gonna really like seeing this.

19. FrankyWest

whatever, I give you the true reason, and yet you guys keep wonder...
    well, don't ask questions if you don't want the answers...
    ignorance is bliss they say... I'm getting to believe it is true

20. wipedout

wipedout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Placed my order, says it's shipping today. wee.